Is their a way to add a watermark to the MyVR website photos?

• Newcomer

Is their a way to add a watermark to the photos on our MyVR website?
    We find adding our company Logo helps prevent Fraud through misuse of our photos on Craigslist, etc.

So, for example, here's a photo watermarked with our Logo on our heritage website:

Versus the look of our MyVR webpage, where only our header photo has the company logo:

• Leader

@joseph-sennish - I believe there are sites that will let you add watermarks to make a new copy of the photo. Then you could use those photos to upload to your listing?

• Newcomer

@jenny-oest Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been using GIMP (Graphic Image Manipulation Program) with the BIMP (Batch Image Manipulation Program) plug in to watermark our photos with the Company Logo and contact information for our heritage WordPress website.

The challenge is, none of the channels we market on want that Logo on the photos and will un-publish them. So I believe I cannot currently upload watermarked photos to MyVR.

Watermarks can also be added with some PHP code (see below), I'm just wondering if the feature already exists on MyVR and I missed it

<?php
    // Load the stamp and the photo to apply the watermark to
    $stamp = imagecreatefrompng('stamp.png');
    $im = imagecreatefromjpeg('photo.jpeg');

// Set the margins for the stamp and get the height/width of the stamp image
    $marge_right = 10;
    $marge_bottom = 10;
    $sx = imagesx($stamp);
    $sy = imagesy($stamp);

// Copy the stamp image onto our photo using the margin offsets and the photo
    // width to calculate positioning of the stamp.
    imagecopy($im, $stamp, imagesx($im) - $sx - $marge_right, imagesy($im) - $sy - $marge_bottom, 0, 0, imagesx($stamp), imagesy($stamp));

// Output and free memory
    header('Content-type: image/png');
    imagepng($im);
    imagedestroy($im);
    ?>

• Leader

@joseph-sennish - is it because the watermark contains company identifying info?

• Explorer

I always use Canva.com. They have a free option and it's great because when you download the finished products you get high resolution, web optimized images in your desired format (web page, Pinterest, Instagram etc.).

• Newcomer

@jenny-oest Yep. But on MY MyVR website, I allow that 😉
    I just cannot execute against that objective yet.

• Leader

@joseph-sennish I'm confused as to the solution you're seeking. Watermarking photos is possible, and you're doing it. Your problem appears to be that the channels you're listing with prohibit that identifying information. Are you asking if there is a way around that while still using channel management?

If your concern is the protection of the photos, would you watermark them in a way that protects them, without giving identifying information?

Your initial question was whether or not you could upload watermarked photos to MyVR? Yes. Will channels agree to post them? Only if you follow their rules.

• Newcomer

@jenny-oest I'm asking if there is a feature within the MyVR website builder that allows us to add a watermark.

Since all the channels prohibit the Company Logo and Contact Information, I don't feel we can do it through uploading to MyVR, but there have been ways available to do it via Code for years now.

• MyVR Employee

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.