Reporting for Taxes

• Newcomer

I am having a difficult time creating a file/report to use for my taxes. I would like to have all information related to a dollar amount included. For example, when I export reservation line items, I cannot see the specific date of an item, or the name of the reservation holder that it is attached to. As a result, I have no idea whether the data submitted in the date range I entered is for reservations that were booked during that time period or for reservations that actually took place during that time period. Please help. I feel like I can't get good information from this program.

• Newcomer

@heather-wheatley Also, I cannot tell in the line-item report whether the reservation came from AirBnb or HomeAway. So, I do not know if the tax was collected and remitted by AirBnb or if I need to report and remit it (HomeAway). Am I missing the report that everyone uses to figure their taxes? When I signed up, I was told that I could make any kind of report I wanted to.

• Contributor

@Heather-Wheatley We run 4 reports:
    We go to Setup > API & Data Access >>

Manual export
    Reservations
    And then export these reports:
    Expenses
    Inquiries
    Line Items
    Payments

And then ... the fun starts ... Do you know how to work with Excel?0_1548457226148_tax reporting.jpg

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.