MyVR <> Zapier Custom Integration

• Zapier allows you to connect one app with thousands of others. It gives you the ability to integrate and automate without knowing any code. MyVR had a beta integration about two years ago that I was very much looking forward to using. I can only assume was abandoned.

If I do something more than a couple of times, I look to automate or create a template. It finally ate at me enough that I decided to build my own integration between the two systems myself. So far, I have the reservation trigger setup.

Here are some of the Zaps I'm using now:

• Updated/New MYVR Res Event > Update/Create Google Sheets Row
    • Updated/New Google Sheet Row > Post in #Slack
    • Updated/New Google Sheet Row > Create Asana Task
    • Updated/New Google Sheet Row > Update/Add Google Contact
    • Updated/New Google Sheet Row > Update/Add Podio Item
    • Updated/New Google Sheet Row > Create Accounting Entry in Xero
    • Updated/New Google Sheet Row > Messaging Workflow via Twilio

0_1543061567648_www.jpg

Would you use a Zapier <> MyVR integration?
    I have read dozens of posts from folks looking to integrate, automate, import and export. Zapier can solve most, if not all of those issues, easily. Zapier can save tons of time, effort and frustration.

If anyone would be interested in pooling resources to finish building this integration much quicker, please reach out!

Contribute to the Project!
    If you've spent some time in Zapier building custom apps or have deep knowledge of Restful API's, programmatically parsing data, Javascript, php, python, etc. and would like to help, please reach out!

I still have all the remaining triggers, actions and lookups to build and this is way outside of my wheelhouse. Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
    Steven Talbott

1_1543060036595_Zap MyVR.jpg

0_1543060036594_MyVR Oauth.JPG

• Leader

@steven-talbott-0 I use Zapier to create my cleaning and to do lists. It’s a powerful tool!

• Contributor

I use Zapier for so many things and I would LOVE to be able to connect it with MyVR! (and I should add, I would be happy to contribute)

• Newcomer

That would be AWSOME! My guess is that most people don't realize the power of Zappier. There sooo many things that we could do that are not possible now.
    Yes, I would love to contribute.

• Leader

I'm also interested in knowing how you are using some of these other applications in your business - the ones Zapier is connecting to MyVR? Slack, Asana, Podio, Zero, Twilio...

• MyVR Employee

Thanks for the post, Steven!

You are correct that MyVR has a beta of a Zapier integration. We started it a while back and have never officially launched it out of beta. I'd be happy to add anyone that is interested to the beta, we'd love the feedback. It currently supports a wide number of triggers and actions related to inquiries, messages, reservations, and payments.

If you are interested in the beta, send an email to zapier-beta@myvr.com and we'll provide instructions for accessing it. As Steven outlines, it's a great way to connect your MyVR account to thousands of other applications, no technical skills required.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about the beta.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Contributor

@mike-stachowiak said in MyVR <> Zapier Custom Integration:

zapier-beta@myvr.com

Thanks Mike, I've just sent my email request.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.