• Contributor

Is there a way to generate the following reports:

1. Average length of stay
    2. Average number of guests
      Thanks
      Carole

• MyVR Employee

Hi Carole,

You can export your Reservation data to generate a report for the average length of stay. To do this, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to Setup > API & Data Access > Manual Export
    2. Open the Reservations tab, select a date range, and export the data as a CSV file.
    3. Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Numbers) and use the data to create your report.
    4. The exported data will have a column header for “Nights” which indicates the number of nights stayed. You can apply the average function to data in this column to get the average length of stay.

There is not yet a way to report on or export data for the average number of guests, so I will check with the team to see if we have any workarounds. I would recommend submitting feedback on the Reporting page as well.

Best Regards,

Anne

• Newcomer

Hello @Anne-Kohn ,
    This is Basil for @Carole.
    We know of the manual export feature. There are 5 files that can be exported. There is information that we need in all of them. We have created Pivot Tables in Excel to do most of these functions.
    It is very cumbersome though.
    There is no way to do a live update.
    Perhaps a webminar - online community training on APIs - Webhooks would be something that the MyVR Community would be interested in.

• MyVR Employee

@basil-kezios

Thank you, that is an interesting idea! If we do launch a future webinar on the topic I'll be sure to reach out to you.

I am happy to update you and @Carole of the latest on our Export capabilities: This morning, our developers deployed a change that adds adult and child count columns to the Reservation Report.

If you export this data today you should be able to see the counts at the far right-hand side of the report.

-Anne

• Contributor

Gureat idea, @Basil-Kezios and happy to hear about the newest export feature, @Anne-Kohn !

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.