How do I unblock dates that are reserved, without canceling the reservation?

• Newcomer

I have a guest that needs to cancel, but I do not want to cancel the reservation directly as HomeAway penalizes rankings. So I want to just unblock the dates so I can rebook them. How do I do this?

• Leader

@scott-howard if you don't cancel, then the guest will still pay the service fee. But in reality, a small percentage of cancellations won't hurt your ranking. I've been told this by HomeAway - for their integrated owners they tell me that they are more lenient with their theshold. I would just cancel and move on. You'll be fine unless this becomes your typical business process.

• I need to do this as well but for a different reason. Does anyone know how to unblock dates without canceling the reservation?

In my situation, I have a guest who wants to cancel 4 days prior to arrival. It's unlikely that we'll be able to fill the dates so I told the guest I would make the dates available and "sell her stay" on her behalf. If it sells, I'll refund her.

Thanks!

• Leader

I typically just change the reservation status to tentative in this situation.

• @jenny-oest LOL clearly I was overthinking this! I don't know why I didn't think of that. It's been a long day! Thank you so much!!

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.