Changing the template background picture

• Explorer

How do I update the background picture on the "LA Modern" template? There used to be an option to do this in the past when configuring it:

0_1536166089653_MYVR Template Designer-Old.PNG

Now this option appears to be missing:

0_1536166118469_MYVR Template Designer-Now.PNG

Has this moved somewhere else?

Thanks!

Darrell

• MyVR Employee

Hey Darrell,

Thanks for reaching out on the MyVR community!

The "Background Image" design option will only show up on templates which have a static background banner image. If that is the case, it will let you choose from pre-selected images or upload your own to serve as the background banner image:

0_1536168461494_Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 10.17.13 AM.png

That being said, templates such as "LA Modern" do not utilize a static background banner image and instead feature a large background picture of the property itself. As a result, you won't have the option to change a static background image as shown in your screenshot.

LA modern will always feature the first photograph from your property details, and visitors to the site are able to scroll through the remainder of your uploaded property photos using the arrows on the left and right side of the website itself, pictured below:

0_1536168917505_617595da-f7b6-4380-bc52-9bfde5b7e122-image.png

I hope this helps clarify - let me know if you have any questions!

-Kevin

• Explorer

Thanks a bunch!

If I switch to this template, any chance my content will all shift over? If it doesn't can I go back?

Darrell

• MyVR Employee

@Darrell-Looney112 When switching over to a new template we try to keep all of the content you've created - however, some content may not make it over. The same goes for reverting back to your original template should you not like the new one.

That being said, I'll reach out to you in a separate support ticket about the possibility of cloning your existing website so you can test out changes without the fear of possibly losing some of the content you've created in your current template.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.