Air BnB experience

• Newcomer

Hi folks, when we setup MYVR about a year ago we didn't get to integrate Air BnB. Seems like there were some caveats when compared to the other integrations. Can someone share their experience? Anything I should be aware of to set that up? I assume the calendaring, booking, payments all functions like the other integrations? Many thanks!

• MyVR Employee

Hey @Marriott-Murdock - I can help with an overview of some of the key differences.

If you're already on AirBnB, but just haven't integrated with MyVR, you'll be familiar with some of the AirBnB specific nuances such as with red-zones and fees. In terms of the integration with MyVR, here is a run-down;

Payments - Not processed through MyVR. AirBnB is the merchant on record, and they will pay you out via the payout settings you configure in their platform

Channel Fees- Airbnb Guest service fee and Airbnb host service fee (3-5% depending on cancel policy)

Instant Booking - Required for the MyVR connection

Listing Information Sync - Most everything is synced except for reviews (though you can copy and paste the review content over into MyVR)

Booking/Cancellations - Must be handled within AirBnB and cannot be handled within MyVR

Booking Policies - Set in MyVR

Regional Availability - AirBnB has red zones that don't allow for rentals in some cities

• Newcomer

Hey,
    I read this posting as we currently are utilizing the MyVR AirBnB application. I am finding the MyVR channel management with AirBnB to be extremely limiting. Most AirBnb listing details can not be edited on the AirBnB hosting page...Guest Requirements for example. We want to modify beyond standard AirBnB requirements yet I see not way to do that in the MyVR AirBnB application for our listing? Secondly, the Instant Booking is also a challenge since we would prefer to gather details before about our guests before allowing the booking. AirBnB allows you to uncheck Instant Booking.

Question 1...Are their options to solving the above issues in MyVR that we are not aware of?
    Question 2...If these are limitations that can not be overcome, is the best solution to migrate to using partial integration calendar synch and move the listing to AirBnB? If yes, what is the best way to complete that effort since we want to keep our listing history, account details, etc.?

Thanks

• MyVR Employee

@jason-jarrett said in Air BnB experience:

I read this posting as we currently are utilizing the MyVR AirBnB application. I am finding the MyVR channel management with AirBnB to be extremely limiting. Most AirBnb listing details can not be edited on the AirBnB hosting page...Guest Requirements for example.

Jason - your bring up some great questions. I have a few answers, and a few points of needed clarity from you.

1. Guest Requirements - this was just added to Airbnb's API documentation and we're working on rolling out in MyVR. We'll send out a product update when it goes live. I'm assuming this is where you wanted to expand beyond the "Standard Requirements" so please let me know if you meant otherwise.

2. Instant Booking - we definitely hear you on this, however, Instant Booking is required for any channel management partners of Airbnb. We're also seeing the industry moving that way in general. This is part of why the Guest Requirements criteria was created as it should ideally give a little more comfort to PMs on who they're renting to.

3. Regarding the Partial/Limited Sync are you referring to the Partial channel integration or to iCal?

Looking forward to your response.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.