Discount Rates through Homeaway/VRBO

• Newcomer

Re: Homeaway/VRBO Price quotes
    Can anyone provide a little more info on the step-by-step process for discounting rates through VRBO/HomeAway. For example, a potential guest submits an inquiry for specific dates, and when they fill out their information, they will see a quote for this period based on what we have already set up in MyVR. If they would like to book at that rate, they have the option of continuing with the booking process.

However, if they request a discount, and we would like to provide them with it, how do we do that? If we set up a special event rate for just those dates (as suggested in previous post), do they need to then go through the process again (after MyVR syncs rates through the Channel) and then they will see the new rates, and this will generate a new inquiry? Is there a way to do it through the "Inquiries" Message channel already set up with them?

• Leader

@jim-knape - what I have done is tell them that I will Make the adjustments after they book. I email them with the details and tell them the thread will document my agreement. - Jenny

• Newcomer

Jenny - so, do they make a full payment in good faith based on the email agreement, and you then provide a "Refund" based on the agreed discount after the payment is made? It's workable but not as clean as having the option to send an adjusted quote for them to agree to as we can directly from inquiries from our MyVR website (and the way we used to be able to do it with Homeaway/VRBO). If I were a first time renter, I would be leery I think. - thanks again for your response!

• Leader

@jim-knape - typically, I offer my discounts only through my direct website (an incentive for them to find me directly). But in the 1-2 occasions that I've agreed to a discount through VRBO, I've explained to them through the email that I have no ability to adjust the price prior to booking, but once booked, I will credit their next payments by $x for the promo. I tell them that the email thread will serve as my promise through VRBO to make that adjustment, should I fail to follow through, but they will need to take a leap of faith with me. So far, they've done it. But not sure if I would...lol

Most of the time, I say something like, "I'm sorry, but these promotional prices are not available when booking through an online travel agency (OTA) such as Trip Advisor or HomeAway." That's often enough to get them onto google....

• Leader

@jim-knape - BUT if you are wiling to offer that discount to everyone that is booking on HomeAway, I would just update your pricing accordingly.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.