Notes on Inquiries?

• Explorer

I know we can make notes on a reservation; is there a way to do so when it is still in the inquiry stage? It sure would be nice to notate that they might need an extra air mattress or that they are interested in a late check-in (or whatever else) BEFORE they make the reservation, so that we don't forget between the time of communicating via inquiry and when the reservation actually comes through...

• Hi @ann-karako, thanks for reaching out. Currently there is no way to create notes on inquiries that are not reservations yet, but that would make an excellent feature request. Feel free to suggest it as a feature to vote on here.

• Explorer

@wendy-gold Thanks for the reponse. I clicked through and added it to the requests. I LOVE the new voting platform -- did you send out an email about that? I must have missed it. Good stuff!!

• @ann-karako - Glad you like the feature voting platform! We've actually had it for a couple of years, we made an announcement about it here in our community.

• Explorer

@wendy-gold ACK I totally did not know it was there! But I will be voting from now on! Thanks!

• Hi @Ann-Karako,

While we don't support notes on inquiries, we do support notes on contacts, which are created and available at the inquiry stage, and are also available on the reservation page. It would be an imperfect workaround, but you could always leave your notes on the contact with a message such as "For inquiry on 7/26, renter is interested in a late check-in". The contact notes can be easily accessed and created from the inquiry page by clicking "Renter Info" and clicking the "Notes" tab.

The downside is you would have to make sure to remember to check those notes, as they would not be displayed without some extra clicking around on the inquiry page.

Hopefully this workaround might offer a temporary solution for MyVR users who really need to write notes before reservations are created.

• Leader

If you click on the renter info

0_1532639081520_Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 5.04.02 PM.png

And then Notes:

0_1532639012679_Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 5.01.41 PM.png

There you go....

I also use Tags to flag that a guest needs something.

The downside is that you can't pin or delete a note here.

• Jenny

• Explorer

@jenny-oest You always know all the neat tricks! Thanks!

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.