Still working on conversion tracking...

• Explorer

Did the the URL's for the checkout process change recently? In GA I'm seeing a lot of "...reservation/details/(random)" and "...reservation/checkout/?q=(random)" and hardly any with "stay" or "status" -- I know we've booked more reservations than seem to be reflected in the stats... I am having a bugger of a time trying to figure out how to track conversions, so any input you can give me would be helpful. Thanks!

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Ann-Karako,

We did change our default URL for the reservation confirmation page to ...reservation/details/(random) instead of ...reservation/status/(random). However, the "status" version is still functional and is provided in some areas of MyVR – when you click "Preview Online Booking", for example. Any user going to ...reservation/status/(random) will be redirected to ...reservation/details/(random).

Similarly, when users book through your site they often enter the checkout flow via the URL ...reservation/checkout/?q=(random) – as you noticed – and are redirected to ...reservation/checkout/stay?q=(random) as soon as they land on the page. This might be throwing off Google Analytics.

I hope this helps.

Best,
    Danny

• Explorer

@danny-eiden Thanks for the input! That helps a lot! 🙂

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.