Any other FlipKey PPB users out there?

• Leader

I'm about to add the FlipKey PPB listing to MyVR. I'm wondering if there are others using this channel, and would be willing to share your success rate with them, as well as any tips, tricks, or traps you may have encountered in your journey so far?

Thanks - Jenny

• Newcomer

@jenny-oest Hi Jenny, Flipkey shut me down when I got my first reservation. They would not give me any explanation other than to tell me that I had violated their Trust policy, but they could not explain how. They told me that they are not obligated to provide me with any details. I know that I didn't violate any of their policies though, and I still can't figure out why they didn't want me.

• Leader

@dawn-berry - and no explanation of why? Did you try to book the guest outside of FlipKey? That's the only thing I can think of. If you promote booking around them, that would do it. If the guest told them that, it might have caused the problem? I'm just guessing.

I had two bookings through them, which were fine, but I had to shut it down with the hurricane. I was having to cancel reservations, and block incoming ones. I could risk penalties for cancellations.

• Newcomer

@jenny-oest , that was not the issue. It was my first FlipKey guest ever, and she had already paid me through FlipKey. She was so disappointed that she received an email that her reservation was cancelled in the middle of the night, and we wound up booking her outside of FlipKey ONLY AFTER they had cancelled her with no explanation. I even told them that they were missing out on an opportunity to make money together, and they were fine with that.

• Leader

@dawn-berry how very odd! I wonder if you could set up a new PPB listing for that property?

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.