Email client services - who do you use?

• Explorer

I recently signed up with MyVR to host my website with my custom domain that is registered elsewhere. I would like to get my email setup for my domain instead of relying on Gmail and Yahoo. For those of you who are hosted by MyVR and have a custom domain, how and who do you use for your domain email and what do you fee are the pros and cons of that company services?

I'm starting to look at Google Domains with G Suite as an option since it has more features than other sites. Anyone using G Suite?

Thanks!

• Contributor

@Mary-Freiberg I use GSuite and there is much you can do with it (it's actually overwhelming! In a good way)
    MyVR doesn't offer a custom domain email - all of your emails via the system will come from a reservation specific email address made up of your property name and some other numbers and end with myvr.com.
    This has been discussed before and it's something that you can suggest as a feature request (I've included an image of where to do this on the theory that the more of us who request it the higher on this "to do" list it goes 😉
    0_1521654632463_feature request.jpg

• MyVR Employee

This has been discussed before and it's something that you can suggest as a feature request (I've included an image of where to do this on the theory that the more of us who request it the higher on this "to do" list it goes 😉

That theory is correct 😁

• Explorer

@carole Thank you for replying. I'm leaning towards GSuite at this point and if I infer properly it sounds like you appreciate the service.

RE: The suggestions, I see in the Voting list that email support is listed. I voted for it, but will give it a look over again and add my 2 cents. One thing I've learned working in software support for my own (paying job) company, is when enhancement requests are submitted, sometimes the enhancement is delivered but without the full intended needs. Details help developers build what we need.

• MyVR Employee

@mary-freiberg said in Email client services - who do you use?:

One thing I've learned working in software support for my own (paying job) company, is when enhancement requests are submitted, sometimes the enhancement is delivered but without the full intended needs. Details help developers build what we need.

That's a very good point. Please feel free to provide us with details about how you would like us to implement features that you're voting on. Such descriptions are very helpful to us. You can do this by pressing the "Details" button on a particular feature.

0_1522197641640_Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 5.38.17 PM.png

0_1522197657486_Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 5.38.23 PM.png

Cheers,
    Danny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.