Renter mailing address?

• Contributor

Is there any way to input the renter mailing address other than editing a reservation?

• Explorer

I struggled with this when my VRBO reservations imported. I was updating the customer contact then adding a quote and that would wipe out the address I had just entered and had to do it again in the reservation process. I finally just went the route of adding the reservation and all the customer info at that time. I did not submit a ticket as there is just too much work going on to just get my setup done.

• MyVR Employee

Hi @carole,

Yes, there is a way to request it from the guest. If you look at your booking policies, you'll see that there is a "Require Renter Address" option. When set to yes, guests will have to enter their address and it will get saved to the quote that’s generated.

• Explorer

@wendy-gold I have seen that, and I do require people who come in from my site to enter all their info. The issue is when we have reservations that import from 3rd party like VRBO. When those come over none of the address info comes in.

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Mary-Freiberg,

The issue is when we have reservations that import from 3rd party like VRBO. When those come over none of the address info comes in.

This is a limitation of Basic Calendar Synchronization (iCal syncing), which is how your account is connected to VRBO and other 3rd parties. As the name suggests, it only is able to sync the most basic data about a stay using that method: when the reservation starts, when it ends, and the name of the event. You cannot sync renter contact information via Basic Calendar Synchronization. If you would like to sync contact information, you can use our Channel Management applications.

Best,
    Danny

• Leader

@danny-eiden - some information is passed to Stripe with the credit card info with the HomeAway integration. Is there a way to capture that in the link?

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Jenny-Oest. I'm not sure if I fully understand you. Could you clarify a few things for me? Namely,

• What information are you seeing being passed to Stripe?
    • What exactly are you trying to capture?
    • What link are you referring to?

This is getting a bit off topic from the original post, so it might even be best if you re ask your question with more detail in a new topic.

Thanks,
    Danny

• Leader

@danny-eiden - if I look at my Stripe account, the credit card info is passed into Stripe along with the billing address. I should have said in the 'channel manager stream" instead of "link"?

0_1526923174989_Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 12.15.50 PM.png

Since it's already in the passed data, why not use it to populate the address fields in the reservation request?

Of course, this assumes that the credit card name/address matches the person reserving the property...

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Jenny-Oest,

Thank you for the clarification. MyVR will take contact info (e.g. phone number, mailing address) entered when a renter is making a payment through MyVR and record it in the reservation. If Stripe is getting that billing address from the credit card company, however, MyVR isn't recording that address on the reservation.

Cheers,
    Danny

• Leader

@danny-eiden - so your saying that the billing address is given to us through Stripe by the bank but NOT entered by the guest at the source of booking? I thought the billing address was used to verify the card at the billing end? Seems surprising to me that the credit card company would offer the vendor that info?

• MyVR Employee

so your saying that the billing address is given to us through Stripe by the bank but NOT entered by the guest at the source of booking

No. I am sorry: I was being confusing. It is the opposite. The billing address is entered by the guest during the checkout flow.

0_1527623441926_Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 12.50.12 PM.png

This is where we collect the renter address, email, and other contact info if such information isn't already known. The information collected here is also provided to Stripe. MyVR does not get any information about the customer from the banks. I cannot speak to what information Stripe gets from the banks.

Best,
    Danny

• Leader

@danny-eiden said in Renter mailing address?:

This is a limitation of Basic Calendar Synchronization (iCal syncing), which is how your account is connected to VRBO and other 3rd parties. As the name suggests, it only is able to sync the most basic data about a stay using that method: when the reservation starts, when it ends, and the name of the event. You cannot sync renter contact information via Basic Calendar Synchronization. If you would like to sync contact information, you can use our Channel Management applications.

Danny - am I understanding this comment correctly, that with channel management, the renter's address WILL be included in the transferred info? Because I'm using the channel manager, and it does NOT come over.

• MyVR Employee

Danny - am I understanding this comment correctly, that with channel management, the renter's address WILL be included in the transferred info? Because I'm using the channel manager, and it does NOT come over.

I just circled back with our channel management team to double check on this. We do not currently use the billing address entered in channels such as HomeAway as the renter address. We are, however, interested in adding this feature. Keep an eye out.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.