One off charges

• Contributor

Does anyone know where "one off charges" show up in Reports? Or when I export data?

• MyVR Employee

Hi @carole,

Thank you for your inquiry. One off charges will show up under "Payments" tab in the reservation detail view. They should also show up in the manual export of payments.

• Explorer

Be careful not to confuse one-off charges with "Payments" for a scheduled booking. The site will not log these as such and the running total due will not be updated correctly. In short, if you are doing manual payments, be sure to process it under the payment that is due, not as a one-off charge.

Darrell

• Contributor

@Darrell-Looney112 You are correct, see my comments below. My issue is that in order to include each addition a guest adds to their reservation, I have to create a new Quote and in this particular case I have 10 items on the booking and they keep changing their minds / adding things (a great thing for me, but challenging for this system it seems).

@Wendy-Gold I do see the payment under Payments and Refunds - and it says "+one off charge" in blue. However, when I run a report (actually 2 reports put together in order to make sense of it) it does not show up under the guest name.
    0_1521326527019_one off charge.jpg

I've exported the data to Excel - and we're filtering the guest charges but it does not show up in the line items - 0_1521327052431_mahany one off charge issue.png

• Newcomer

Hi @Wendy-Gold, I am trying to help out with the issue of ONE-OFF charges, which, true, it appears ONLY in the Payments.csv export, but has no identifying features to run a report on.
    They do not get counted in the "Rental Total", they are not counted in the "Reports".
    The frustrating part is that in order to add an additional item to the Reservation a new Quote needs to be re-created and the item added to that. That is very cumbersome.
    Is there a way to at least mark it so when I export I can run a report and see it?

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Basil-Kezios and @Carole,

Looking at the Payments.csv export, it appears that one off charges are exported in the same way as all other payments. Such payments include the guest name, the reservation ID, etc.

Are you simply looking for a way to identify payments in the Payments.csv export as one-off payments? Maybe a new column called "One-Off Charge" that would either be "True" or "False"?

If that's what you're looking for, you can submit a feature request and our product team will consider adding it.

As @Darrell-Looney112 mentioned, adding items to quotes is really the best way of going about things for reporting purposes even if it's a bit more cumbersome than adding a one off charge. We do have a "Modify Terms" button that allows you to quickly make modifications to the existing terms and record renter agreement for the new, updated terms.

0_1521667516085_Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 2.23.15 PM.png

After selecting that you want to modify the terms, you can choose to build new terms from an existing quote. The little book icon indicates which quote is your current terms.

0_1521667595082_Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 2.23.48 PM.png

You do not need to send these new terms to the renter for them to be applied.

0_1521667658053_Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 2.24.29 PM.png

After you save the new terms, you will be asked if you want to agree to them on behalf of the renter.

0_1521667684789_Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 2.24.39 PM.png

I understand this this takes more steps than a one off charge, but it will make all of your reports work much more smoothly.

Best,
    Danny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.