Recording Payment in MyVR when quote from outside system

• Newcomer

I'm setting up my new account and converting the reservations that synced from HA into MyVR. I also have reservations we entered manually into HA that were received outside of HA. What do people do with the reservations that come over from HomeAway where the payment has been collected via HA or an external reservation has been made already.

I'm not finding a way to mark the reservation as paid and the rental agreement accepted. Do I have to create a quote on the reservation in order to be able to mark it paid, partially paid etc? And if so do I uncheck the Send to customer slider button so I don't send a quote by email?

• Explorer

Generally I create a new quote in MYVR and set up the number of payments to match exactly those set up for homeaway, that way I can label them as paid as they come in. In addition, I do uncheck the "send to customer" slider and mark the agreement as accepted via email or whatever because the date they booked through HA or whichever channel was the date they accepted same.

Hope this helps!

• Newcomer

Thank you Darrell. That's what I ended up doing. I started with reservations imported from last year to get the hang of it.

The only issue I've not figured out yet is when I create the quote, if I have put the customer address on their record before the quote, when I create the quote the address gets removed and I have to enter it again. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I am getting skilled at adding in addresses.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.