Booking.com: Raising rates to cover commissions

• Newcomer

Hi all,

I've just enabled full integration with Booking.com. Property and prices are syncing properly.

During my 1:1 training, it was noted that I would have the option of raising my rates by a percentage to adjust for Booking.com's high commission rates. But I can't find that option anywhere in myVR's channel managment area. Can anyone help with this? I would like to have an across-the-board rate adjustment specifically for this channel.

The forums refer to a "Rate & availability controls by integrated channel" suggestion, but I can find no reference there either. Just FYI, I'm using the Booking.com for owners app.

I received my first Booking.com reservation almost immediately, so I'll have to eat this one. But I'm hoping the prices can be adjusted for future bookings.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• MyVR Employee

Hi @John-Bennett,

I am sorry, but I think you may have been misinformed. We do not currently offer Booking.com specific rate adjustments for integrated listings. You can raise your rates a bit to make up for Booking.com's commission rate, but any change you make to your rates will apply everywhere.

Best,
    Danny

• Newcomer

Hi John,

You may work with your Account manager at Booking.com to set which portions of their Commission/Booking Fee you wish to "Include" or "Exclude".

In other words, we tell them what portion we will pay from our payout (Include) and what portion is to be added on as a Fee to the Traveler (Exclude).

• Newcomer

Hi John, Let me know if you were successful with Booking.com adding their fee on top of rental rates.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.