Anyone else having problem with certain amenities showing on VRBO/Homeaway???

• Explorer

Hi All;

I recently realized that the amenity "Private Pool" is not syncing/showing up on either my VRBO or HomeAway listings even though I have it clicked into the "YES" on MyVR.

Anyone else having this problem and if so is there a known fix/workaround? In our community having a Private Pool is HUGE selling point and my listing on VRBO & HomeAway are lacking this amenity.

Thanks,

John H

• MyVR Employee

Hi @John-Hughes,

First, I just want to clarify that this amenity isn't syncing to VRBO / HomeAway, because they don't support the Private Pool amenity. We let you know which channels support each amenity in the list where you select amenities to help avoid unexpected syncing issues such as this.

0_1517520268636_Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 1.21.31 PM.png

Looking at the list of pool-related amenities, I see that HomeAway supports Outdoor Pool, Indoor Pool, and Heated Pool amenities. If you use one of these in addition to Private Pool, the amenity you select will be displayed in HomeAway and VRBO.

Cheers,
    Danny

• Explorer

@Danny-Eiden

Danny; Thank you for quick reply.

So is this a limitation on MyVR's side or VRBO/HomeAway?

In my community I am seeing several other competing properties showing a badge "Private Pool"...so how are they getting ability and we (the MyVR community) not able to do same???

Most of these competitive properties showing the "Private Pool" banner are being managed by VaCasa Properties...so again why are they able to amd we are not????

Not complaining just trying to understand.

Thanks,

John H

• Explorer

@Danny-Eiden

I am attaching a jpeg showing local VRBO listings with "Private Pool" banner vs my property with "Communal Pool" banner.0_1517521652238_VRBO.jpg

• MyVR Employee

Hi John,

That is interesting. There is a chance that VRBO added this amenity since we last updated our amenities list. I've sent this to our developers to look into. You can also submit feedback to make sure that our product team is aware of this change.

Best,
    Danny

• Explorer

@danny-eiden

It appears that this issue has somehow been resolved and VRBO listing is showing the "Private Pool" tag on my listing.

If this was done on MyVR's part...Thank You!!!

John

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.