Calendar sharing and a question

• Explorer

I've been hoping for a solution to share my MyVR calendar with my housekeeping staff for a while and didn't realize there was a solution immediately available. I downloaded my calendar to the Google Calendars app. My housekeeper can do the same and this is the view that they get.

0_1517367545359_image (1).png

One question: Currently, as you can see on my screenshot, on March 1 I have three turnovers. The calendar view makes it look as through the transition is happening at "midnight" on February 28.

I'm wondering if there is a way within MyVR that you can make the transition time at 12 noon (on March 1) so that on the calendar it displays the transition happening in the middle of the day on March 1 (as it does in real life)? This would be the final touch and make it less confusing for anyone (my housekeeper) looking at it.

Would love to hear your creative thoughts.

Thanks,
    John

• Leader

@John-Klein - Whenever I have a new source to "feed" with my calendar, I set up a unique export channel for it. If it needs the turn times, as this one would for you, I use the advance settings to turn those on:

0_1517437001329_Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 5.13.58 PM.png

Be sure to specify your timezone too.

Does that help? I use iCal instead of google calendar but it works smoothly for me there.

Thanks,
    Jenny

• Explorer

Hi @Jenny-Oest , Thanks very much for your suggestion.

I followed your instructions (I did not previously have the "include check-in / out time" marked on "yes") . I guess I need to wait until the calendar syncs again to see if it works? I tried to manually sync it but could not figure out how (pretty sure I need to pull the import from the Google side and did not see that option).

I will let you know if it works.

Thanks!
    John

• Explorer

Hi @Jenny-Oest , This step did not change the look of my calendar. Were you thinking that it would move my occupancy bars so that it would appear in mid-day instead of midnight?

• Leader

@John-Klein - this is how it appears on my iCal:

0_1517536426520_Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 8.53.03 PM.png

Jenny

• Explorer

Hi @Jenny-Oest here's what my PC and iphone views look like:
    0_1517625358710_PC view.JPG
    0_1517625372125_iphone view.JPG

Your example doesn't seem to show any situations where there is a check-out and check-in in the same unit on the same day (does it?). I would be interested to see what that looks like (wouldn't they overlap?). For example, is Doris Hull staying 7 nights (arrive on 17th and depart on 24th)?

As you can see on mine, it makes it look like someone checks out at midnight and then someone else checks in immediately after at midnight. I am trying to make the bar extend into the middle of the day so it gives the visual appearance of check-in / check-out happening in the middle of the day (not at midnight!).

• Leader

@John-Klein

I removed some of the properties so you could see more clearly.

0_1517626615703_Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 9.54.31 PM.png

• Explorer

OK I can see that it creates a visual overlap. I guess that maybe is the difference between I iCal and Google calendars. I was just wondering if there was something I could within MyVR to create the visual I was hoping for.

• Leader

@John-Klein I think MyVR is doing all it can. It’s sending the data but google isn’t displaying it. Perhaps someone that knows how to tweak google calendars might have some ideas?

• Explorer

Thanks @Jenny-Oest you are probably correct.

Are there any Google calendar experts out there?

• MyVR Employee

Hi John,

As far as I know, Google Calendar doesn't have an option to display multi-day events as starting partway through the day when looking at your calendar. You will need to open the event to see the exact time it starts and ends.

Best,
    Danny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.