Is there a way to have an optional line item in quotes that owner/manager can select while building quotes?

• Explorer

Hi;

Cold as heck here in Florida this morning...26 degrees at 7:30am...OUCH!!!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to have an optional line item on quotes that the owner/manager controls vs the guest?

What I am looking to do is have the option of extending a certain percentage rate discount to two types of guests; current/former military, law enforcement, first responders and teachers; guests who have stayed with us before.

Currently, I have to "Add new fee", then "New Blank Fee", type in discription, is it taxable or not and finally calculate the discount.

It would be great to create an owner/manager controlled option (similar to the "Promotion") that we can choose to add into quotes as we are building them and make the process fairly automatic.

Am I missing that this is already available somehow????

Thanks for responses,

John H

• Explorer

Folks;

I just figured out how to handle this under "properties", "rental fees" section.

Add it as a "fee", "percentage of rent" and insert a NEGATIVE percentage.

In case anyone else is/was/would like to ever do something similar.

Thanks,

John H

• Leader

@John-Hughes - You've got it! That's exactly how I do my returning guest discounts or late booking discounts. I have a -% for several different scenarios.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.