Update name on a reservation?

• Contributor

I understand that once a reservation is made we cannot change the terms, price, etc. But one of the annoyances of online instant bookings is that many of my new guests are either channeling ee cummings or are just lazy and don't capital their first and last names.
    As a result, every email sent to them is spelled with their name in all lower case. Smart ones understand they are getting an auto generated email - thus defeating the purpose of using all of this great technology to wow my newly booked guests.
    Is there a way to just change the name on the reservation without having to create an entire new quote, cancel the prior reservation and accept a new one?

• Leader

Yes - just edit from the inquiry conversation page. You can change the names, email, and phone. You only need a new quote to change things that may link to price such as number of guests or dates of stay. Just be sure to change from the inquiry conversation page and not the reservation page - but don't worry - it will automatically update the reservation.

Jenny

• Contributor

@Jenny-Oest Are you able to do this? When I try I get an "Error Occurred" message. Maybe it is a glitch in my account? 0_1516320669728_cannot update name.JPG

• Leader

@Carole - as long as I only change the name, email or phone, I don't get that message. I just tested mine. Try changing just one of those items. If you still get the error message, you should file a problem report.

-- Jenny

• Leader

• you can also change the source

• Contributor

@Jenny-Oest Are you changing it on a reservation that you input or one that was booked from an integrated OTA?

• Leader

@Carole - AHA - it doesn't work on the integrated listing bookings. Sounds like we need a problem report or an explanation of why we can't change the name?

• Leader

@Carole - I just updated a name on an integrated VRBO booking. Just as I outlined above, but today it worked without issue. I ONLY changed the case from upper to lower case and it worked. Perhaps it was a glitch last week? I was fairly certain I'd done it before.

• Jenny

• Contributor

@Jenny-Oest Still wasn't working on my end. I get that same error. I played with it some more and discovered that I cannot change the Inquiry but can now change the Reservation 🙂 Progress!
    0_1516892620407_cannot update name 2.JPG

• Leader

@Carole - yay - and I just realized that when I made that change, that's exactly what I did too - I changed it on the reservation page, not the inquiry page. But the change carries over to the inquiry page too. But we can do it! YAY!

• Contributor

@Jenny-Oest Baby step victories ... I think I will celebrate that one tonight.

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Carole,

I just want to let you know that I've tried to reproduce this issue with editing inquiries, and I haven't been able to get the same error that you are seeing. If you are still unable to edit inquiries, please report this as an issue so our developers can dig deeper into the problem.

Thanks,
    Danny

• Contributor

@Danny-Eiden thanks for the follow-up, we did resolve this 5 days ago (see the thread). The inquiry page could not be edited in an integrated booking but the reservation page could be and carries over to the inquiry side.

• MyVR Employee

Thanks @Carole. I'm glad that you and Jenny were able to find a work around. The inquiry should, however be editable for an integrated booking. I was able to edit such inquiries in a test environment, so if you're still having an issue with editing inquiries from integrated bookings please let our support team know by reporting this as a bug.

One quick note: I noticed that Jenny mentioned that you should make changes from the inquiry page to ensure that any changes you make propagate to the reservation. It's actually the other way around. Any changes you make on an inquiry won't be reflected in the reservation, but any changes you make to a reservation will also be made in the inquiry.

Cheers,
    Danny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.