Split Payments?

• Newcomer

Can I create a quote where a 1/6, a 1/6 and another 1/6 of total can be paid up front on separate cards and then have the next 1/6, 1/6 and 1/6 paid 30 days out from stay? Three guests want to split the cost and also be able to pay half up front and half later. Sorry if this is confusing but I can't figure out how to make work within the payment schedule options. Thank you!

• MyVR Employee

Hi @John-McKinny,

While you can set up something like this, we only support having 5 payments or less in a payment schedule for a particular reservation. Furthermore, you can only have one payment that's due at the time of booking. I would recommend asking your renters to work the money out between themselves and collect just two payments: one at booking and one 30 days out from the stay.

Alternatively, you can create 3 overlapping reservations for each renter with each reservation covering 1/3 of the total cost. If you go with that route, you can create 1 reservation and then use the "Copy Reservation" action to create a copy of the reservation for each additional guest the reservation is being split between. While the stay info (e.g. dates, property, renter name) will be copied exactly, any customizations you made to the quote of the base reservation – such as dividing the cost by three – will have to be input for every quote you make during the copying process.

0_1517357726262_Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 4.12.58 PM.png

Note that you will need to allow the renters to complete the online checkout flow despite having overlapping reservations.

0_1517357769861_Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 4.14.49 PM.png
    0_1517357775096_Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 4.14.59 PM.png

Cheers,
    Danny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.