Email regarding HomeAway subscription prices changing tomorrow

• Newcomer

I just received this email, today. It looks suspicious to me. Did anyone else receive this email?

Date: January 11, 2018 at 3:06:51 PM PST
    To: #######
    Subject: Urgent: HomeAway Subscription Price Increase
    Reply-To: MyVR Channel Management Team support@myvr.com

HomeAway Subscription Price Increasing to $499
    Hello Jenny,

You may have already heard the news but just in case you haven't we wanted to inform you that HomeAway is increasing the price of all subscription listings from $399 to $499 starting tomorrow January 12th, at 7:00 AM PST. If you haven't already done so there is still some time to renew early to get another year for $399.

How to Renew Early (Owners)
    For customers using our owner integration, you renew your listings through MyVR. If you want to renew one or more listings early for $399, please fill out this form. We need to receive your response by 7:00 AM PST on January 12th in order to process your request.

How to Renew Early (Property Managers)
    For customers using our property manager integration, you renew listings directly via HomeAway. If you renew through your account manager the listing must be expiring before July 12th HomeAway dashboard in order to qualify for early renewal. If you renew a listing manually in your HomeAway dashboard then there is no limit to how early it can be renewed.

Sincerely,
    The MyVR Channel Management Team
    Copyright © 2018 MyVR, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you signed up at MyVR.com

Our mailing address is:
    MyVR
    5 3rd Street, Ste. 1018
    San Francisco, CA 94131

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

• Explorer

I did, it's legit and I am grateful to the team for sending it. My (non-integrated) HomeAway listing expired a month ago and I never got the email concerning their rate hike, 10% match-back charge, etc. This has moved up my decision about relisting to 10am EST tomorrow. Thanks guys!

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Jenny-Story - yes, as @Ann-D-Liptak states, it is legit. Sorry if it came across as suspicious. We realize the timing is compressed, but we wanted to send our own reminder to our customers in case they wanted to take advantage. As the to the 10% Ann mentions, we have a thread on that here.

@Ann-D-Liptak - you're welcome, and thanks for the response!

• Newcomer

Thanks @Markus-Nordvik. I did a bit of searching and saw the thread you mentioned. Yes. It was the compressed timeline that made me think it wasn't legit. Followed the link and signed up. You saved me $400! Thanks for the heads up. I don't know why but I hadn't seen this anywhere else. I appreciate you guys watching out for us.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.