AirBnB integrated but it it doesn't sync the MyVR extra guest fees

• Newcomer

Hi,

I've recently integrated with AirBnB using the app. All went well and I can preview my AirBnB listing. However, all fees (security deposit, cleaning fees) except the extra guests fees were showing when I went to do a test booking on the AirBnB listing. How do I get that extra guest fee (in my case above 4 people) synced with AirBnB listing?

Thanks.

• MyVR Employee

Thanks for the question, @Surfers-Ridge!

The key to syncing extra guest fees to Airbnb is by creating a fee that looks like this:

• Fee Type: Per-person adjustment
    • Fee Basis: Per-person per-night
    • included by default: on
    • optional: off
    • refundable: off

The Airbnb API rate and fee support allows us to sync:

• nightly rate
    • security deposit
    • cleaning fee
    • per person per night over the number of included guests

This means that we're not able to send any flat per stay fees (except the cleaning fee and security deposit). Percent based taxes and fees are optionally baked into the nightly rate. Flat per night fees are also baked into the nightly rate.

Hope that helps!

-- CJ

• Newcomer

Hi thanks! My mistake was that my "Fee Basis" was on the incorrect setting "Flat-rate per person" and not the one you indicated in your reply. It seems to work now as the rate on AirBnB changes to the correct amount per night, but unfortunately I couldn't test it all out because on AirBnB after I go "Request to Book" I now keep getting a "Unfortunately, that listing is no longer available for your selected dates."

As I just listed on AirBnB through myVR today I'm hoping that after the "syncing" completes all will be well. Crossing my fingers.

Thank again for your reply. Cheers.

• Explorer

Hey CJ,

As far as the security deposit fee goes... can that be labeled as a nonrefundable security deposit? We have a LDW (Loss damage waiver) that we charge per booking but always have to eat for any airbnb bookings because it won't sync over.

It is possible to use the security deposit to get around that?

Thanks,
    Chad

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Chad-Service ,

Unfortunately it is not possible to create a nonrefundable security deposit.

Best,
    Danny

• Explorer

I know this thread has been dead for a bit, but if I wanted to include some sort of nonrefundable security deposit... It would have to be on a per night basis right? Like just 5 or 10 dollars per night instead of a per stay fee?

• Explorer

So the issue is we miss out on a $49 LDW (Loss Damage Waiver) every time we receive a booking on Airbnb. We thought about experimenting with switching the LDW to a per day basis for the sole purpose of getting it to sync over to Airbnb, but that would affect our LDW on all sites and would rather not.

Is there a way to slightly increase the rental rates on Airbnb to compensate for missing out on $49 every reservation. Or how about OTA specific fees that would only be applied to a particular OTA? If not, is there a timeline or plan to implement a way to do this in the future?

We get a lot of bookings through Airbnb and the missing fee is starting to add up.

Thanks

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Chad-Service,

I am sorry, but we don't currently offer per-channel fees or rate increases. You can always request it as a feature to make our product team aware that you would like this capability.

Best,
    Danny

• Newcomer

@chad-service funny that I happened into this thread & am seeing your question about adding the loss damage waiver thru Airbnb...I am a new myVR user as of about 2 weeks ago and have been wrestling with how to make that happen too. My thought is to revise my cleaning rate to become a "Cleaning / Damage Waiver Fee" and include language somewhere inside of one of the detail fields that will sync across all of the sites to explain the combined 1x flat fee. Not 100% ideal, but I too do not want to be taking a missed fee opportunity on every Airbnb reservation. Please keep me posted if you figure out a better/different way.

• MyVR Employee

Hi All, 👋

I wanted to follow up to this thread and let you know that we've added support for flat per stay fees and these will now be synced to Airbnb.

Cheers!

• Newcomer

@cj-avilla That helps. We were looking for this...

• Explorer

That sounds awesome! However, it doesn't look like they are applying automatically so I assume there is something I still need to do @CJ-Avilla ?

I've had a couple more Airbnb bookings the past couple days and they still don't list the LDW, only the cleaning fee.

Is there another step required?

Thanks,

Chad

• MyVR Employee

Hi @chad-service,

It looks like you don't have your LDW fees set up as flat per stay fees yet.
    0_1522347446135_6183da08-c926-4212-b516-c0a3d6195f3e-image.png

If you look at the fee basis where you have your LDW fees set up, you'll see that they right now have the Fee Basis of "Other". You'll need to change that to "Flat Rate Per Stay".

Hope this helps.

• Explorer

Yea, it looks like several of them were set up as Other; however, several were also set up correctly.

I guess I'll wait for my next Airbnb. Bosses will be excited about this as Airbnb has been good to us.

Thanks for all your help.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.