What information exactly does MYVR send HOMEAWAY / VRBO when we block out dates?

• Explorer

Do they simply send just the dates that block out, do they send a name and email? Anyone know?

• MyVR Employee

Hey Chad,

Thanks for reaching out, I'd be happy to provide some clarity around this. This a great question, and one I imagine a lot of people are curious about given HomeAway's recent changes.

First and foremost, MyVR will only send data to HomeAway if you use MyVR channel management and have setup a fully integrated listing using our HomeAway application. We do not send any data to HomeAway unless there is an active, fully integrated listing. I want to be clear about that up front so people with iCal only integrations or no integration at all don't mistakenly think we send data to HomeAway.

If, and only if, you have a fully integrated HomeAway listing through MyVR, we do report "offline" reservations to HomeAway. HomeAway started requiring this of integrated partners back in 2016 and we started reporting them in April 2016. HomeAway has indicated failure to report offline reservations can have an impact on your search ranking and overall listing performance.

What "Offline" Reservations are Reported to HomeAway?
    We only report a subset of reservations back to HomeAway. Namely, we will only report "offline" reservations that meet all of the following requirements:

• The property on the reservation has an active, fully integrated listing in MyVR
    • The source of the reservation is set to HomeAway, VRBO, or VacationRentals.com
    • The reservation did not come from another channel
    • The reservation is in a "Reserved" state and has active financial terms

If any of the above conditions are not meet, we do not report the reservation to HomeAway. If you have an offline reservation you would like us to report to HomeAway, make sure to manually set the source to a HomeAway, VRBO, or VacationRentals.com, mark the reservation as "Reserved", and setup financial terms. Once all of those steps are taken, we'll start including the reservation in our "offline" reservation report to HomeAway. (Note: if a reservation came from another channel, we will not report it as an "offline" reservation to HomeAway under any circumstance)

What Data is Included for Each Reservation?
    When we report "offline" reservations meeting the above criteria to HomeAway, we include the....

• HomeAway listing the reservation applies to
    • Dates of the stay
    • Number of guests
    • Renter's name
    • Renter's email address
    • Renter's phone number (if available)
    • Current financial terms

If a reservation does not meet the "offline" reservation criteria, we do not send it to HomeAway.

We do send full availability data for all fully integrated listings, but this amounts to a simple available / not available flag per night. If a night is unavailable, it's merely marked unavailable with no other identifying information included.

I hope that clears things up. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Mike

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.