Add all property filters to home page.

• Newcomer

Hi support team,
    many of our partners, who access our site to check availability, complain that the Search Horizontal Tool on the home page is way too basic.
    The only available filters are destination and dates, very poor options when it comes to refining a search.
    I know we can create property groups and use as filters, but they are only available once a partner chooses destination and dates on the home page.
    How can we skip that step and add to the search horizontal box more filters with a submit button below to make a real professional search?
    Please advise, because this is one of the groundbreaking needs of the business.
    Thank you,
    Pablo

• MyVR Employee

@Volalto-Group

A booking partner has different needs / expectations than a normal renter. Our websites are optimized for renters and the homepage search contains the standard elements you find on sites like Airbnb / HomeAway etc.

If you're trying to optimize for a booking partner, is it an option to give them a specific landing page instead? If so you could start them off on a property list page where we have a full suite of filters.

• Newcomer

Really? Seems like I´m missing something. I haven´t seen search features such as price range, amenities, etc on the home page. If it already exists please advise how I can implement it using the editor. Thank you

• MyVR Employee

Pablo,

As I mentioned our websites are primarily designed for renters who have different needs than a booking agent. So we don't offer that "out of the box" for our homepage.
    My suggestion was to use a property list page as a "landing page" (different URL) to give to your booking agents where all filters would be present.

If you'd like, I can inquire about making your property list page, your homepage. Which is not something we've supported before as it's never been requested. That is this page: http://www.xunnyretreats.com/property/

Finally, just in-case you weren't aware. We do have a full API (developer.myvr.com) and some of our customers who have had very specific needs for their website like this, choose to build it that way.

• Newcomer

Hi guys,

could you please set www.xunnyretreats.com/property as the landing page?
    I tried to do it manually but didn´t find a tutorial.

Thanks.

Pablo

• MyVR Employee

Hi Pablo,

As this is not something we support directly, you can "hack" it, with a meta - refresh tag.
    I've done this for you, by adding it to your landing page with the advanced settings:

0_1514929888364_upload-a171f818-06ff-44f6-a688-fd8751065297

• Newcomer

@Tristan-Brotherton hi! Thanks a lot for helping out with this one! Still, there is something I don´t understand: when I access www.xunnyretreats.com I am directed to the home, and after 10 seconds I am redirected to http://www.xunnyretreats.com/property/.
    Can we avoid that gap and make people access directly to /property/ when they get into www.xunnyretreats.com? Thanks again!

• MyVR Employee

Hi Pablo,

The redirect should occur straight away. As i mentioned this is not something we directly support, as it's a rather unique case, so this is a bit of a "hack".

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.