Booking.com Payments?

• Newcomer

A received my first reservation through Booking.com - Do I have to directly charge the occupant?? Does MyVr send me the credit card information?

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Justin-Reid,

Good question.

The credit card for a reservation is entered by the renter in Booking.com. Booking.com then sends MyVR the credit card details. MyVR adds the card to the reservation and charges it automatically. If there is an issue with the credit card, MyVR reports it back to Booking.com. The renter is then notified to update their credit card information. If the credit card is not on the reservation in MyVR, you can go to your Booking.com account, get the details, and try to add the card manually.

Best,
    Danny

• Newcomer

HI Danny,

A reservation was made on the 12th through booking.com for the 13th and 14th . It passed through as legitimate. BUT MyVR DID NOT charge the card automatically and it turned out that it was an illegitimate reservation - this of course happened AFTER I scheduled the cleaner. So I'm now out of pocket for the cleaning ! It seems like there are loopholes in the process when people are booking a day before - what can I do to prevent this in the future

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Justin-Reid,

Unfortunately, Booking.com has required us to accept all bookings that they send to MyVR. It is a condition that all companies are required to meet to be integrated with Booking.com. We cover this in the "Should I Integrate" section of the Booking.com app.

Booking.com only accepts immediate bookings without the ability for you to review or decline.

I recommend exercising caution around Booking.com reservations. For example, you could only schedule cleaners after the first payment has been charged.

Best,
    Danny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.