Sharing templates

• Explorer

One of the reasons MyVR is working so well for me is because of templates I have developed over the years. If I have to respond to a guest's question more than once, there must be a reason. I develop a template.

I'm offering to share some of my best used templates if others are willing to do the same. I feel that we could all learn and improve by sharing our best practices.

Below is my "Available" template. I have modified versions of it for arrival within 30 days, travelers with pets, travelers with babies, and for military discounts. Please feel free to comment if you see where I could improve it. :)

I usually personalize the template between the 1st and 2nd paragraphs, responding to questions from the guest's inquiry. Keep in mind that I use the same template for both my cabins.

Here it is:

Hi {{ first_name }},

Thank you for inquiring about {{ property }} in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Our cabin is available {{ check_in }} to {{ check_out }}.

{{ property }} is a wonderful place to stay in Gatlinburg. It's beautiful views and charming mountain decor really make you feel part of the Great Smoky Mountains!

Our location is incredibly convenient to all the attractions; just 3 miles from the downtown strip, right in the heart of Gatlinburg's Arts & Crafts Community, and within 5 miles of 3 driving entrances into the National Park.

We are right across the border of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. So close that wild turkeys, bears and deer often wander through our resort!

Below is the quote for your stay. A down payment of 50% will reserve your dates. The balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival. A payment request will be sent to you prior to the due date. You can view our rental contract below.

Booking the cabin is very easy. Press the "Book Online" button. and you will be directed to our secure payment site.

{{ property }} has keyless entry. After your reservation is paid; your door code, wifi password, instructions, and detailed directions to the cabin will be sent to you.

Thank you again for considering {{ property }} as part of your vacation. Please feel free to give me a call.

Donna
    (850)316-0635

P.S. For more information and pictures, visit our website: {{{ property-data.bf-website }}}{{{ property-data.gt-website }}}.

• Explorer

The template system is an important part of my rental. It allows me to be proactive and personal without being time consuming. I love the idea of sharing some of our most successful templates. Here is a simple one I send mid-morning the day after check-in. I get about a 70% response rate to it and have had numerous guests comment in their reviews that I checked in on them. It even has proactively uncovered guest issues early in their stay. Simple, casual tone, very effective. Here it is...

Email Subject: Hope you are enjoying your stay at Mango Sunsets

Hi {{ first_name }},

Just wanted to check in to make sure everything is ok with your stay so far. Feel free to reach out to us if needed.

Best,

Matthew

Matthew Giles
    MangoSunsets.com
    mangosunsets@giles93.com
    404-579-9067

LIKE us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on Twitter at @MangoSunsetsPCB

• Explorer

Simple, personalized, and friendly. Checking in on guests using an automated template is a great idea!

• Contributor

I have over 20 templates. I ALWAYS start with a template. I have a signature template (posted in another thread here in the community) which I use to start any custom reply.

Some of my most used templates are:

• Property Unavailable
    • Under 25 request
    • Links for Travel Insurance Options
    • Inquiry Follow Up
    • Thank You for Booking - Here's what's coming your way...
    • "I'm Booked - Now What?"
    • Several for "Would you like Fries with that?" (offering available add-ons to their stay such as baby items, private parking, extra beach chairs...)
    • Info: 7 days prior to arrival (how beach chair service works)
    • Info: 2 days prior to arrival (how locks and codes work)
    • Info: Day of arrival (welcome!)
    • Preventive Maintenance Scheduled...
    • Check-out Procedures
    • How Was Your Stay?
    • Deposit Refund - Future Discount Offered
    • Review Requests

I have more...

Some of these are automated, and some I use "on demand"

If anyone is interested in seeing a particular template, just let me know.

Jenny

• Explorer

Hi @Jenny-Oest!

If you are still willing to share them, would love to see what you use for the following templates.

• Inquiry Follow Up
    • Thank you for Booking - Here's what's coming your way...
    • Deposit Refund - Future Discount Offered

I'm just finishing up my first year of owning my first unit and could use more help with these particular guest messages. Thanks in advance!

Matthew

• Explorer

@Jenny-Oest I'd like to see your Under 25 request

• Contributor

I'm happy to share my templates. I'm sorry for the delay - I've been traveling :)

Here is my "Inquiry Follow Up" Template:

Hi {{ first_name }},

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to make sure you received my email about your upcoming visit to Panama City Beach. If you have any other questions about the condo, or about Panama City Beach, just give me a call. I'd be happy to help you in any way I can. I know the process of searching for a vacation rental can be time-consuming and confusing, but I'd be happy to help in any way I can!

If you have any questions, just give me a call!

Thanks,

Jenny
    (614) 439-7691
    www.PremiumBeachCondos.com
    www.FaceBook.com/PremiumBeachCondos

*** ALL UNITS ARE NON SMOKING (INCLUDING THE BALCONY) - NO PETS - MUST BE 25 TO RENT ***

• Contributor

Here is "Thank You for Booking - Here's What's Coming Your Way..."

Hi {{ first_name }},

Thank you for booking {{ property }}!!

Your reservation number is: {{ reservation_id }}

Please check your email shortly for a Premium Beach Condos Rental Agreement to be signed electronically. If you don't see it, please check your spam folder to make sure it isn't hiding there. If you still don't see it, please let me know.

After you have initialed and signed the electronic document as indicated, click "I agree" at the end, and the agreement will automatically return to me. You will also receive an email with a PDF of the completed agreement that you can use to easily print it for your records if you wish.

Once I have the signed agreement, I will process your payment and confirm your reservation.

Please remember:

Your reservation is not complete until I have received your completed rental agreement and have processed your payment.
    Dates are NOT HELD prior to confirmation.
    Requested Reservation Requests are automatically cancelled after 24 hours if paperwork and payment have not been completed. This will be considered a CANCELLATION and subject to the terms to which you agreed when making the online request.
    Reservation payments made by phone will not be processed until the rental agreement has been signed.
    Important note: If your reservation was booked using the Book It Now button from a travel agency or another listing site such as HomeAway, VRBO, or VacationRentals.com, the separate Service Fees THEY charge will not appear on your quotes and listings from this website. Any questions about those fees should be addressed directly with the HomeAway at (877) 228-3145 or (512) 782-0805.

If you have any questions, just give me a call!

Thanks - Jenny
    (614) 439-7691

• Contributor

Looks like the Bold option didn't work in my post above - I BOLD everything between the ** notations from **Please remember: ... through the HomeAway phone numbers.

• Contributor

Here is Deposit Refund - Future Discount Offered:

Note - I don't offer the future discount to guests that have been problematic to the extent that I don't want them to return. It rarely happens, but when it does, they don't get this email - they get a different custom one.

Hi {{ first_name }},

I hope you and your family had a wonderful vacation in {{ property }}!

I have refunded your “Good Care” deposit. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of our property!
    You will receive an email receipt directly from the payment processing system. If you do not receive it within 24 hours, please let me know and I will investigate.

We love to have return guests, so I hope that when you're ready to plan your next trip to Panama City Beach, we are at the top of your list! We also reward our returning guests with an additional 5% off of already discounted rates for any week you book, so keep that in mind too! Perhaps you'd like to plan a family gathering for Christmas or New Year's Eve? The fireworks from the Pier are beautiful, and our condos have some of the best seats in town!

Thank you again and hope to hear from you soon!

Jenny Oest
    Jenny@PremiumBeachCondos.com
    (614) 439-7691
    Be sure to check out our website at: www.PremiumBeachCondos.com
    You can also 'like' us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/premiumbeachcondos

P.S. Please note that with eCheck payments it can take a few days for the funds to be deposited into your account, especially with weekends and holidays. If the funds have not been deposited to your account after 5 business days, please let me know and I will investigate!

• Contributor

Here is my Under 25 request:

Hi {{ first_name }},

Unfortunately, the Calypso Resort does not allow us to rent to anyone under the age of 25. It’s a resort wide policy and owners do not have the option to waive it. Even if an owner at Calypso DID choose to violate the policy and rent to you, the resort could evict you, leaving you stranded. I would hate to see that happen to anyone.

There is a website for Spring Break activities that does list hotels and resorts that rent to 21 year olds. Perhaps this will help you focus your search?

Try http://www.pcbeach.org/spring-break/accommodations .

Best of luck! I hope you have a wonderful break!

Thanks,

Jenny
    (614) 439-7691
    www.PremiumBeachCondos.com
    www.FaceBook.com/PremiumBeachCondos

*** ALL UNITS ARE NON SMOKING (INCLUDING THE BALCONY) - NO PETS - MUST BE 25 TO RENT ***

• MyVR Employee

@Jenny-Oest said in Sharing templates:

Looks like the Bold option didn't work in my post above - I BOLD everything between the ** notations from **Please remember: ... through the HomeAway phone numbers.

Hi Jenny. Thank you for sharing your templates! I fixed the bolding for you. The trick is that there can be no empty lines between the first ** and the second **. Also, both **s must be directly next to a letter, number, or symbol.

Here are some examples

• ** Will not work **

• **Will

not work**

• **Will work**

• **Will
      work**

• Contributor

@Danny-Eiden
    I just highlighted the text to bold and then clicked on the B for bold. It inserted the ** characters. This might be a bug that when highlighting and clicking B, it should apply that logic correctly as needed?

• MyVR Employee

@Jenny-Oest You are correct. The bold "B" button should be smart enough to bold the text correctly. We will look into it, but for now you can follow the guidelines I posted to ensure your text is bold when you need it to be.

• Explorer

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've also been traveling. In fact I'm still traveling, but I now have internet!

I'd like to share a template that I send to my guests after their trip is paid in full. I call it my DCII (Directions, Codes, and Important Information).

Hi {{ first_name }},

Thank you again for choosing our cabin, Good Time Getaway, as part of your vacation in the Great Smoky Mountains. We hope you are looking forward to your upcoming stay.

*** PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY TO LET ME KNOW THAT YOU RECEIVED THIS EMAIL. THANKS!**

Here is the address, your door codes, and important information for your stay.
    CABIN ADDRESS:
    GOOD TIME GETAWAY
    321 BROWN WREN WAY
    GATLINBURG, TN 37738

RESERVATION DATES: {{ check_in }} to {{ check_out }}

Arrival Time: 4:00 pm
    Departure Time: 11:00 am

KEY PIN CODE: xxxx * (Remember the * after entering the number)

Keyless Entry Directions: Touch the screen - place your palm on the black touchscreen above the door knob with your hand to activate - numbers will appear. Enter your PIN code followed by the * key. Once entered, the lock will open within 2 seconds. Wait 5 seconds if you enter the code incorrectly. The door should automatically relock in 30 seconds. You can also lock the door immediately by touching the screen again. (See attached illustration.)

WIRELESS INTERNET PASSWORD: xxxxxxxx

CABIN PHONE NUMBER: xxx-xxx-xxxx

The cellular telephone reception at our cabin is unpredictable. Our land line has free local and US long-distance service for your convenience.

ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE

Your keyless code will be activated promptly at 4:00 p.m. Please, no early arrivals.

When you arrive, please inspect the home for cleanliness. If ANYTHING is not acceptable, do not hesitate to call me at 850-316-0635.

Please make sure you depart by the checkout time. Our cleaning crew needs the time to make sure that our cabin is properly prepared for the next guest.

On the morning of your checkout, please do the following:

• Put all trash in the Bear Proof garbage can. Please do not put raw food in the can. Do not overfill can or leave any trash outside the can. Make sure the lid is firmly latched. If you have garbage overflow, please leave it in the kitchen. Thank you for protecting the wildlife.

• Place dirty dishes in the dishwasher, add detergent, and press START.

Remember to leave an entry in our guest book – we love to hear from our guests!

CABIN INFORMATION

Good Time Getaway is a fully furnished 3 bedroom 2 bath cabin. The living room has seating for six, one of the sofas opens into an easy bed accommodating two people (extra sheets and pillows are provided). Behind the leather sofa are two extensions for the dining table. The two chairs in the downstairs bedrooms can be used to expand the dining seating capacity to 8 people.

Linens, towels, and an initial starter supply of soap, dish soap, trash bags, and toilet paper are provided. We have hair dryers in both bathrooms and a washer/dryer for your use and convenience. Please bring shampoo and any personal grooming items you may need. You may also want to bring beach towels for the hot tub and swimming pool.

Our Kitchen is well-equipped with pots and pans, dishes, glasses, silverware and cooking utensils. We have a 10 cup automatic drip coffee pot (filters provided), toaster, blender, chopper, electric can opener, and crock pot.

To assist guests traveling with a baby or toddlers, a high chair is stored in the closet of the rear bedroom. A portable crib and baby gate are stored in the loft bathroom.

Your pet is welcome to stay at our cabin. Prior written permission must be granted with payment of the pet cleaning fee. A pet crate and baby gate are stored in the loft bathroom. Please use the gate to keep your pet from wandering on the stairs and in the loft. When left alone or unattended, please place your pet in the crate. To avoid damage, do not leave your pet in the bathroom or in one of the bedrooms.

All of the cabins in the resort are individually owned and separately operated. Please do not remove or exchange furniture or other items that are in our cabin.

If you have any questions, please give us a call. Have a wonderful vacation!

Donna & Tom Notaro
    Donna's Cell (850)316-0635
    Tom's Cell (850)450-0460

• Explorer

I just accepted a reservation and thought that this would be a good template to share. It gives the guest our address and also requests a copy of the guest's driver's license. Some of the fields are entered twice because MyVR populates the information according to which cabin was rented.(bf - Bear Feet, gt - Good Time Getaway)

Title: Accept Reservation

Hi {{ first_name }},

I have confirmed your reservation for {{ check_in }} to {{ check_out }}.

Thank you for choosing {{ property }} as part of your vacation in Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains!

If you want to google the location to plan your vacation or add it to your GPS, the cabin's address is:

{{{ property-data.bf-address }}}{{{ property-data.gt-address }}}.

A payment request will be sent to you for the final payment 30 days prior to your arrival. Our cabin has keyless entry. After your trip is paid in full; your door access code, information for your stay, and directions to the cabin will be sent to you.

To complete the reservation process, I will need a copy of your driver's license. I've found that the easiest way to send a copy of your driver's license is to take a picture of it with your cell phone and text it to me.

Please feel free to call me with any questions. I love to talk about Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park!

Thank you again for letting us be a part of your vacation in the Smokies!

Sincerely,
    Donna
    (850)316-0635

For more information and pictures, check out our website: {{{ property-data.bf-website }}}{{{ property-data.gt-website }}}

• Contributor

Is anyone sending their door codes for property access using an automated stay template? Are you inserting the code info while the email is in the outbox to do that? I have a unique code for each reservation so I can't use a property field.

• Explorer

@Jenny-Oest I use the last 4 digits of a guest's phone number as their door code. I guess I could set my DCII as an automated message setting it to send 2 days after final payment is received - and then edit the template in the outbox by entering the code before it is sent.

Do you use a Kaba lock?

• Contributor

@Donna-Notaro - I use resort lock, and although they do allow for shorter codes, I'm offsite, so I can only give them a unique 10-12 digit code and then they can create their own short code when they arrive. Once we have custom fields for reservations, I can automate this, but I'm wondering if there's another work-around in the meantime. I'm going to start manually doing this through MyVR for next year beginning with the March season, so I'm thinking ahead.

• Explorer

@Jenny-Oest said in Sharing templates:

Is anyone sending their door codes for property access using an automated stay template? Are you inserting the code info while the email is in the outbox to do that? I have a unique code for each reservation so I can't use a property field.

That is exactly how I do it. I use an automated template that has a placeholder for the code that I manually replace prior to it being sent to my guests.

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.