Lodging Sales Tax Report

• Newcomer

Hello -

Trying to pull a report that filters and lets me know what sales tax was paid per reservations?

• MyVR Employee

Hi Nikki,

You can export your line items to generate such a report. To do this, you will need to follow these steps

1. Go to Setup > API & Data Access > Manual Export

0_1508369358848_Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 4.25.14 PM.png

1. Open the Line Items tab, select a date range, and export the data as a CSV file.

0_1508369438718_Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 4.25.28 PM.png

1. Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets) and use the data to create your report. In this case, you would use the Reservation and Type columns to sum all of the Tax type fees paid for each reservation.

0_1508369640321_Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 4.26.59 PM.png

Cheers,
    Danny

• Newcomer

@danny-eiden When I export the line item details into a CSV file and open in Excel, all of the data is in 1 cell. How do I get the data in separate columns?

• Newcomer

@heather-wheatley Just figured it out - can be changed within Excel.
    In order to make the mixed-up data appear in separate cells in your Excel file, you need to:

Right click on your file
    Choose "Open With EXCEL"
    Once your file is opened, click on Column A and select the whole column at once
    Click on the "DATA" tab in the menu
    Select "Text to Columns"
    Click on "Delimited" and "NEXT"
    Select the ";"(semicolon) under delimiter options and "NEXT"
    Click "FINISH"

• Re: Lodging Sales Tax Report

This should open in Excel correctly on its own. I noticed this before but didn't take the time to report it. The data is being exported without a file extension which is something MyVR can fix. If you rename the file and add *.csv at the end (filename.csv), it will open properly.

I submitted a bug report for this issue.

0_1548815548605_bug report.JPG

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.