Returning Guest Deposit

• Explorer

I charged the guests credit card as a one off by mistake instead of applying to their balance due. Now I am having trouble returning the deposit because of this. Is there a way to move the payment so that it is applied to the rental, and not as a one off?
    Thanks~

• Leader

@Jill-Evarts - could you record the deposit as paid manually? Then add a note that the off-payment was actually a deposit?

Another option would be to create a new quote for the reservation. See if the "off-payment" is then posted as a previous payment toward the total?

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Jill-Evarts - I'll add that some ideas on how to make the one-off charge part of the reservation payments are laid out in this forum post.

• Leader

If you choose the refund and then recharge option, note several things:

1. The transactions are not transparent to the guest, and your internal error is obvious to your guest.
    2. If the guest uses a debit card, or a credit card near it's limit, the credit will appear far later in time than the new charge. You may have to wait 5-7 business days, depending upon the bank, between transactions to ensure that the guest has funds.

Ask yourself whether your "clean" transaction records are worth the inconvenience to your guest.

• Leader

If you can refund an off payment, why not just refund their deposit from the off payment when the time comes?

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.