How do I add an optional fee for guests/renters?

• Newcomer

I'm trying to add the option for renters to add a grocery package when they book.

I thought I could do it through adding a new fee, but it does not seem to work that way.

Any suggestions how to go about this?

0_1503621059555_Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 5.26.07 PM.png

• Newcomer

@Rasmus Never mind- I figured this out0_1503622084063_Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 5.47.52 PM.png

• MyVR Employee

@Rasmus Glad you figured it out. A few notes:

1. If you want the optional fee to show up for guests when they are going through online booking on your website, you will want to select to make sure the optional fee is set to be "Included By Default."

2. As you saw, optional fees can be set up to be pre-selected ("Pre-Select Fee for Renter"). If "yes," then the fee will be included in the initial estimate and quote; a guest would have to "opt out" of the fee. If "no," then the guest would have to "opt in" and the price would update automatically.

3. From a channel management perspective, if you have set up a fee to be both optional and pre-selected, then we will automatically include that fee in the quotes we generate for online booking on your connected channel.

• Leader

@Rasmus - you've piqued my curiosity - what's in your grocery package? Is it customized or standard items?

• Newcomer

@Jenny-Oest Hi Jenny,

It's a standard list of basic items. People can customize for an extra fee but I prefer that not happening (time suck)

Best

Rasmus

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.