Reporting | Revenue by Stay Dates Report

• Newcomer

Hi Team,

I would like to know the total payment per month or per week in a consolidated report. I know that we have this kind of report in MyVr under Reporting however whichever report we use gives out inaccurate amount.

For Example: I would like to know the total revenue for those who stayed in our property “WA LB 2BR 807 Pelican Residences” for the month of June 1 to July 1, so when I looked at the report in reporting portion under Revenue by Stay Dates Report June 1 to July 1 showed $12,559 however when I checked it manually it went up to $14,967.53 . Can you please point us to the right report that we need to look at or generate?

Thanks,
    Chris Rivers

• Leader

@Chris-Rivers - does this report cash income (PMTs) or earned income (total income for reservations in that month)?

• Hi @Chris-Rivers,

You might be seeing this discrepancy because the Revenue by Stay Dates report displays the total amount of money collected for all reservations that include nights within a range of dates (e.g. June 1 - July 1) regardless of when the payment is collected.

For a report containing the sum of all payments made within a date range (e.g. the total payment per month), you can use our Revenue Report. I noticed that the number in your revenue report for “WA LB 2BR 807 Pelican Residences” for the month of June 1 to July 1 is still different from the $14,967.53 you mentioned. How exactly did you calculate this number?

Thanks,
    Danny

• Explorer

$14,967.53 was arrived at by manually opening each booking in that month and adding the total.

To keep it short, which is the best report which will give us the total revenue collected in a month - irrespective of the source of booking or whether the card was swiped or not.

• $14,967.53 was arrived at by manually opening each booking in that month and adding the total.

That helps explain the discrepancy. Some of those payments might have been collected before or after the month, even though the booking was in the month.

which is the best report which will give us the total revenue collected in a month - irrespective of the source of booking or whether the card was swiped or not.

The Revenue Report should give you the total revenue collected during a month. Note, however, that this includes payments made during the month for reservations that didn’t occur during the month.

Best,
    Danny

• Explorer

@Danny-Eiden Thanks Danny. I think I need a different report. What I am looking for is the Revenue which was ‘earned’ by a particular property in a month (sum total of the amount collected by the bookings for that month). Not the revenue ‘collected’ - which could be an advance earning.

Is there a way I can pull that report?

• What I am looking for is the Revenue which was ‘earned’ by a particular property in a month (sum total of the amount collected by the bookings for that month)

The Revenue by Stay Dates report should get you that number. It is the total non-refundable value of all reservations within a date range (e.g. a month). You can view this total per-property in the report.

One caveat, however, is that the Revenue by Stay Dates report will round the monthly revenue numbers to the nearest dollar. Also, this report will include all non-refundable money in a reservation even if it hasn’t been collected yet. That means scheduled and overdue payments will be counted in this report.

Another thing to note is that if a reservation has stay dates across months (e.g. a June 29 to July 9), the Revenue by Stay Dates report will allocate money to each month by the percent of the stay in each month. For example

• Reservation Dates: June 29 to July 9
    • Reservation Total Nonrefundable Value: $100
    • Nights in June: 2
    • Nights in July: 8
    • Percent of Nights in June: 20%
    • Percent of Nights in July: 80%
    • Revenue by Stay Dates in June: $20
    • Revenue by Stay Dates in July: $80

Cheers,
    Danny

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.