Airbnb transfer timeline

• Newcomer

Hi! I've read that the Airbnb transfer can take up to three weeks when transferring your old account to a new VR Airbnb account. Could anyone clarify for me - what happens during that time frame? Is my current Airbnb account still active and able to take reservations until the moment of transfer, or is my current account "down" during any part of the transfer process? This is my main booking listing and I can't afford for it to be down for, like... more than five minutes :-). Thanks for any help/advice! -Cheryl

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Cheryl-Thurston,

Could anyone clarify for me - what happens during that time frame?

This post goes into some of the behind the scenes work that occurs when you set up an Airbnb listing through MyVR.

Is my current Airbnb account still active and able to take reservations until the moment of transfer, or is my current account "down" during any part of the transfer process?

I believe that you can keep your old Airbnb listing active up until the point the transfer is complete. However, any bookings you make during the transfer period will need to be managed in Airbnb and not MyVR.

Best,
    Danny

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.