SMS automation? Anyone use texting with guests?

• Explorer

Any progress, @Jenny-Oest , or @Carole ? If not, have you discovered anything new @Danny-Eiden ?

So many of my emails go to spam, and every guests makes sms/text contact. Looking for somethingn that will allow me to schedule sms/text messages and use templates, like our email system here.

• Hi @Mary-Beth-Ericson ,

There are no updates on our end. Maybe this Zappier integration could help?

Best,
    Danny

• Explorer

I’m experimenting with a desktop/phone integrated app that allows me to use my desktop to group contacts, schedule texts and use templates. Not automated, in that I can’t yet have my guest emails trigger a text. But definitely a good start. Thx.

• Advisor

I am doing this with a zapier zap - When a guest books via MyVR, they receive an email from the MyVR system. The email contains a link to our Guest Info Form. The Guest Info Form contains fields that they have to complete and it also has conditional logic so if they answer “yes” to something, something triggers a series of events: Yes to an airport transfer puts their data info (name, contact info, arrival details) into an email and a google calendar that goes to our local manager and our driver. I’m also playing with Appointment Reminder an add on to Google Calendar to notify and remind the driver and the guest of the upcoming transfer. The Guest Info form “Zap” has been a huge timesaver for me and also great for gathering guest info in general (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). I have been using Wufoo for the last year for these forms but I am also just beginning to use Gravity forms on my new website - the integration with Wordpress is quite smooth and since I am hoping to move to a full WP site in the coming year I like that option.

• Explorer

@carole Thanks for sharing your experience and zapier info. Have you been able to create a zap to trigger texts/SMS using zapier? I see you say you’ve been playing with appoinmtment reminder to send messages but are those email or texts/sms?

• Explorer

Hi all, this is a very old thread so I am sure there is new things going on. I am looking for the best available MyVR compatible app that will allow me to set up and automate text messages to my guests. I tried downloading Twillio but it did not seem to install. I also see that Zapier may be an option. Please let me know what is working for you!

• Leader

The new SMS option in MyVR now routes the replies back to your INBOX! It’s great!

• Explorer

Hi @Jenny-Oest - I saw that but was not sure how it works.

Aside from basic conversation and answering guest’s questions, I use text messaging for two reasons with all of my guests: (1) text them access code when unit is ready on the day or their arrival, (2) morning after arrival, I text the guest to ask them how everything is. I like the phone text message because it’s quick and personal and people are always looking at their phone (not necessarily at their emails). My hope is to automate these (actually have the message set up and prompt me to send manually when I am ready). So when you use the MyVR SMS feature, I guess you always have to be looking at the MyVR website? Ideally, it would still go to my phone because since texting is more like a live conversation, I want to be able to respond immediately.

• Newcomer

@jenny-oest Do you know what phone number the texts appear to be sent from? Is it the MyVR users number, or a random one?

• Leader

@kendall-hill I don’t recall, but I tested it with an inquiry to you own email. It works well. Replies come right back to the dashboard so you don’t miss anything 🙂

• Newcomer

@jenny-oest awesome- thank you!! You’re always so helpful!!

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.