Shared / Combination Properties -- Calendar Management?

• Explorer

@Danny-Eiden
    Looks like this topic has been marked “solved.”

Wondering if I missed your answer as to whether full integration of my properties would help with my issues or simplify in any way?

I’m willing to try any solution, but don’t want to start trying until I know what my options might be… (integration vs Jenny’s suggestions above)

• Hi @Mary-Beth-Ericson,

Wondering if I missed your answer as to whether full integration of my properties would help with my issues or simplify in any way?

Sorry about missing your full integration question. I am fairly certain that a full integration won’t help with the specific issue you are having with keeping combined listings in sync with their composite individual listings. The main benefits of a full integration are keeping your property information in sync with VRBO and managing VRBO reservations within MyVR.

Regarding Jenny’s suggestion, that might just be crazy enough to work. To put a finer point on it, here is how I would specifically attempt to set up your Condo 3 & 4 situation

1. Export both reserved and unavailable events from “Condo 3”, import as unavailable in “Condo 3 & 4 Combined”
    2. Export both reserved and unavailable events from “Condo 4”, import as unavailable in “Condo 3 & 4 Combined”
    3. Export only reserved events from “Condo 3 & 4 combined”, import as unavailable or reserved (doesn’t matter which) in “Condo 3”
    4. Export only reserved events from “Condo 3 & 4 combined”, import as unavailable or reserved (doesn’t matter which) in “Condo 4”
    5. Make sure all blocking events on “Condo 3 & 4 Combined” that weren’t imported from “Condo 3” or “Condo 4” are recorded as reservation events, not unavailable events

So long as you continue to make sure that every blocking event you create on “Condo 3 & 4 Combined” is recorded as a reservation, this should keep all 3 calendars in sync. Brilliant, @Jenny-Oest

I definitely recommend trying his on some dummy properties first, as I haven’t tested this myself. If you do, please let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Danny

• Leader

@Danny-Eiden - WooHoo! Score one for crazy Jenny! 🙂 LMAO. Lovin’ it.

• Explorer

@Danny-Eiden and/or @Jenny-Oest

Am I right in thinking I will need to set up a separate ical ‘connection’ for each of the 3 and 4 imports into the Combination calendar?

• Leader

@Mary-Beth-Ericson - the export link is set up one for each property. The import receiving from each exported link would be set up separately. So you set up three exports, one for each property, and 4 imports:

• import to property 3 from 3/4
    • import to property 4 from 3/4
    • import to property 3/4 from 3
    • import to property 3/4 from 4

• Explorer

Thanks. I hate to be so slow, but it is what it is.

What I’m seeing is that there is only one import opportunity per ical connection, per property.

What am I missing?

1_1499304127386_icalcapture.JPG 0_1499304127386_importical.JPG

• Explorer

By George, I think I got it. If I do ‘got it’ I’m going to send you an actual hotdog, not just virtual. 😉

• Leader

@Mary-Beth-Ericson - yes, one import option per export per property. The way I outlined it above, it shouldn’t violate that rule.

• Advisor

@Jenny-Oest (aka Genius Jenny)!!! Can you come over and set this up for me, too? I have a similar problem (two units, Alpha & Beta, that rent as one SkyVilla, in my case, Sky Villa is on my calendar as a separate advertised 6 bdrm unit. I have been blocking the dates manually with calendar events - alas as I am a mere mortal I missed one, and just discovered that I’ve now double booked one half of the Sky Villa 😞

• Leader

@Carole - oh dear - double bookings - yikes!

You should be able to apply this same logic to your calendars too.

Property 3 = Alpha
    Property 4 = Beta
    Property 3/4 = SkyVilla

But I’m afraid I can’t do it for you. I’m just a mere user - not an all-powerful MyVR staffer…

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.