Collecting additional guest information

• Advisor

@Jenny-Oest We are working on a “zap” that will do just that (an email confirmation with details about their arrival, any scheduled pickups & tours and the welcome file - a pdf for right now, though hopefully in the next few weeks that will change to a Touch Stay “app” that we are working on.

• Advisor

@Jenny-Oest Happy New Year! So my Wufoo update is that the form is working - latest version is here: I’m sending guests to it and they complete it. Wufoo emails & texts me that the guest completed the form (the email contains their data).

I then have a “zap” which creates an entry in a Google Calendar. It gives the driver the guest information. (I am working on parsing that data)

I am stuck with the signing of the Wufoo form and I noticed that you have guests sign electronically. How does that work for you? (In the past I used a PDF I created and guests often filled it out manually and signed - I want them to complete the fields electronically not by hand, so I am worried about sending a PDF).

Carole
    greekvacationrentals.com

• Leader

@Carole - I currently use HelloSign for an electronic signature. Once signed, it automatically sends the completed form to my Evernote File and I get an email notification. That’s my trigger to review and accept the reservation. I’d like to convert that to a text notification.

With HelloSign, I can either manually send that form out with all of the unique details filled out, OR I can send them a link to a HelloSign template, but the link requires that THEY complete more fields such as reservation number, dates, etc. My future hope is to somehow integrate that, but for now, I’m sending it manually. It does, however, allow them to complete the fields electronically - AND sign with a legal signature.

I haven’t used the Wufoo form yet - thought I’d evaluate that as a replacement for HelloSign, but I DO like having a legal document on file for the reservation, so I’m not in a hurry for that part. But if WuFoo allows me to extract MyVR data into the form, then it’s a step in the right direction for automating my process.

For now, I have an automated transactional email that notifies staff of a new reservation, but it doesn’t pull any custom data. I haven’t needed that yet, but CAN think of several ways I could use that to be more helpful (such as how many parking passes they need in the room, or do they need infant/baby items?)

I’m watching your progress as a future template for others, including myself!!! Keep posting! 🙂

Jenny

• Advisor

@Jenny-Oest said in Collecting additional guest information:

For now, I have an automated transactional email that notifies staff of a new reservation, but it doesn’t pull any custom data. I haven’t needed that yet, but CAN think of several ways I could use that to be more helpful (such as how many parking passes they need in the room, or do they need infant/baby items?)

Is this automated transnational email related to the specific booking? If so, does it input the booking information at the bottom of the email (unit, dates & price)?

• Leader

@Carole - yes it includes unit, arrival and departure dates, but not pricing - the staff don’t need that info.

What I REALLY need to streamline this is to have some additional CUSTOM fields for the reservation (as we do for the property). That’s where I can specify special instructions, etc. and then transmit that info to staff. I’ve submitted that as a feature request.

• Advisor

CUSTOM fields for the reservation

Hi @Jenny-Oest,

Would you mind sharing your automated transactional email you use for your staff giving notice of the new reservation? (I’ve got so many “kabobs in my fire” right now I can’t think about new recipes - but I need something to tell my staff in Athens about new bookings - and I can’t seem to get things to sync properly with Google Calendar like my old booking software did… So until I fix that part an auto email to them would at least give them a heads up.

I think we are on the same page in terms of wanting a space within MyVR to have custom info for each specific reservation. I’m submitting the feature request now.

• Leader

Here it is:

Please add the following reservation for {{{ property-data.unit-number }}}:

Name: {{ last_name }}
    Check-in: {{ check_in }}
    Check-out: {{ check_out }}

Thanks,

Jenny
    (614) 439-7691

• Advisor

{{{ property-data.unit-number }}}:

Thanks @Jenny-Oest -

I noticed in a message on the Community from October 2016 that someone else mentioned tags that look like this:

P.S. For more information and pictures, visit our website: {{{ property-data.bf-website }}}{{{ property-data.gt-website }}}.

And now I see one in your template email:

{{{ property-data.unit-number }}}

Where are these pulled from?

• Leader

@Carole - these are additional fields that are property specific and set up by you:

Go to My Properties, and select the individual property. There’s an item called Custom Fields. Click on that and you’ll see what you have set up. If you need another field, just click the green box that says +Add Field.

0_1484760264187_Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 11.24.10 AM.png

Hope that helps!

Now I’m waiting for the additional fields that can be customized for a reservation, and not just a property! 🙂

Thanks

Jenny

• Advisor

@Jenny-Oest
    Ah, yes, I have those setup - I just never noticed what they looked like when input into a template - I thought maybe there was a secret “key” to MyVR that had the “code” for extra data … Like you, I am very much in need of the ability to create customized data pertaining to specific bookings 🙂

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.