Pet Fee addable by Renter?

• Explorer

I’ve noticed on some fees you have the option to make it optional for the renter, meaning they can select to add it to the reservation themselves. For instance, I have my trailer parking fee set up that way.

I’ve tried to adjust my pet surcharge to do the same thing as I have had a lot of reservation request that I have to decline and resent a new quote with the pet fee attached.

It seems any fees labeled as “pet fee” is unable to use that feature. If I change it to “fee” instead of “pet fee” under the “fee type”, then I am able to click the “optional for renter” button. Why can pet fees not be optional as well?

Thanks

• Advisor

@Chad-Service It looks like the Pet Fee that’s included in the Fee Settings is linked to the guest selecting the checkoff box the “Pets” (along with the number of adults and children). I am guessing this is so they are automatically charged. If you don’t want it to be linked to that checkoff box why not just make a new optional fee and call it Pet Fee - but in the Fee Type section call it “Other” or “Fee” (not Pet Fee) - this will allow you to select Optional for Rentor.

• Explorer

Oh ok. I was just getting so many request that didn’t include the pet fee I was starting to assume that the guest were unable to add it themselves. My mistake. If it does add automatically if they select the pet box, then it is already working I how would like it to. It must just be user error by the renter. Either way it is only a minor inconvenience. Thanks for clearing that up!

• @Carole said in Pet Fee addable by Renter?:

It looks like the Pet Fee that’s included in the Fee Settings is linked to the guest selecting the checkoff box the “Pets” (along with the number of adults and children).

This is correct. The special “Pet Fee” fee type is also used in our fully integrated channels. Any fee recorded as a “Pet Fee” will be included in bookings made through channels where the renter has recorded that they will be bringing pets.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.