Direct Booking Best Practices
Any tips / best practices for bringing business over from vacation rental OTA's such as VRBO? We recently launched our MyVR site and hoping to see more bookings coming through.
Currently advertising on Facebook, our local Tourism Bureau, and sending emails to a past guest database as a starting point for marketing efforts. Any success stories out there for increased engagement? I know it takes time, but want to make sure I'm doing everything to ensure we're moving in the right direction. Thanks!
My 3:00am thoughts are:
- professional photos!
- emphasize reviews to improve rankings
- use multiple OTAs
- use ALL social media options, and link back to your website.
- personalize your responses and respond to everything.
- don't be afraid of the telephone!
- integrate listings when you can - manually maintaining listings is time consuming!
- focus long term on listing site independence by driving traffic to your own website.
- never link back to a listing site from your website.
- have a newsletter
- update content regularly.
Going after the returning guests is a great strategy! Call past guests, even if from a previous owner, not with the intent to book, but to introduce yourself, ask them for their story / experience staying in your place, and to let them know you're there for them and how to reach you!
Follow up with an offer for them to subscribe to your newsletter?