Custom Contact Forms or Adding New Dynamic Components

• Explorer

We are currently attempting a Facebook only special. I plan on linking a special from our Facebook to a page only viewable directly from that link that will have a contact form to reach out to us about the advertised discount.

Is it possible to edit the contact form under the dynamic components to where I can add unique text or subject to differentiate contact request coming in from this Facebook special from any other request coming in via our default contact form?

Or is it possible to add other unique dynamic to use for the same purpose?

Thanks for all the help!

• Leader

Could you add a custom field to your contact page for “referral source”, and then in your Facebook promo give them the specific code to enter into that field?

• Hi @Chad-Service,

One thing you could do is add a page to your website that you link to from your Facebook page but not in your website. Think of it has a hidden page only for people coming from Facebook. On that page, you could add the Contact Us form and some text explaining how to inquire and get the special Facebook deal. Here’s an example of what that might look like. Note, all messages sent through this form show up in your “Other” messages and not your “Inquiries”.

0_1493055245013_Screen Shot 2017 04 24 at 10.08.00 AM.png  1187×887 .png

Another option is to add the following javscript to your website’s body (e.g. CUSTOM </BODY> HTML/JAVASCRIPT).

(function() {
        if (getUrlVars()['special'] === 'facebook') {
            setTimeout(function() {
                document.querySelector('.inquire-link').click();
                document.querySelector('[name="comments"]').value = "Promo Code: facebook 2017";
            }, 500);
        }

function getUrlVars() {
            var vars = [], hash;
            var hashes = window.location.href.slice(window.location.href.indexOf('?') + 1).split('&');
            for(var i = 0; i < hashes.length; i++) {
                hash = hashes[i].split('=');
                vars.push(hash[0]);
                vars[hash[0]] = hash[1];
            }
            return vars;
        }
    })();

and add the following to the end of any property page on your website ?special=facebook. So, for example, a url could be yourwebsite.com/property/your-property-3/?special=facebook. This javascript code plus that URL would open an inquiry request for the “your-property-3” property with a the promo code facebook2017 in the inquiry request comments.

0_1493075587188_Family Retreat  Landing 43 6    Condo Rentals on Table Rock Lake next to Silver Dollar City.png

Messages sent via this method would be under “Inquiries” in your account. As with any custom javascript, this may break in the future.

Cheers,
    Danny

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.