Calendar syncing

• Advisor

Is it possible to sync my MyVR calendars with Microsoft Outlook?

• Hi @Carole,

Yes it is. You just need to set up an iCal sync. Here is how to export an iCal feed from MyVR, and here is how to import an iCal feed into Microsoft Outlook.

Cheers,
    Danny

• Advisor

Thanks @Danny-Eiden
    Can you tell me the difference between the feeds? I see 3 options:
    Basic Calendar Synchronization/Google
    Basic Calendar Synchronization/Ical
    Basic Calendar Synchronization/Desktop
    but they all seem to be ics files.
    I tried the Google one, it does not maintain a continious sync - it just syncs once. Are the others different?
    Carole

• Hi @Carole,

Can you tell me the difference between the feeds?

Those options are all the same*. The different labels are to help you organize your calendar syncs. You can choose whichever one you feel best describes what you are trying to accomplish. You will also have the option to input a custom name for the calendar connection when you select one of those options.

0_1490725224106_Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 11.20.11 AM.png

I tried the Google one, it does not maintain a continious sync - it just syncs once.

The link we provide goes to a .ics file. This file is periodically updated to be up to date with your calendar in MyVR. It is up to the destination (Microsoft Outlook) to periodically check this file for changes.

0_1490725230030_Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 11.19.43 AM.png

* Note: some Calendar Connection options are different. For example, some calendar connections to specific channels will have special default settings to ensure accurate syncing with that channel.

Cheers,
    Danny

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.