How do Tentative Reservations Affect the Calendar?

• Leader

When I have a tentative reservation, it triggers a “conflict” message on any inquiry that comes in with the same dates. It does allow potential guests to inquire, so I think it shows as available to the guest world (at least it used to last time I checked).

My questions are:

1. If a guest attempts to book online, will it allow it given there is already a tentative reservation? Assume there is NOT a hold on the quote.

2. Does this information pass to the integrated channels at all, and if so, would it affect the rankings for your listing?

• If a guest attempts to book online, will it allow it given there is already a tentative reservation? Assume there is NOT a hold on the quote.

MyVR allows renters to book online even if the dates overlap with

Does this information pass to the integrated channels at all, and if so, would it affect the rankings for your listing?

Tentative reservations are not passed to integrated channels, except Booking.com. If an inquiry or booking is made that overlaps with a tentative reservation, the behavior is channel dependent

• Leader

@Danny-Eiden so if my understanding is correct, a tentative reservation would be virtually transparent to a prospective guest on my website and on HomeAway channels?

• That is correct. Guests will not see tentative reservations on HomeAway channels or on your website.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.