Country list out of order?

• Advisor

The drop down country list on my booking page is all discombobulated (out of order, wrong or strange country names) and it is also missing my country (Greece - though it lists Hellenic Republic which isn’t a name used by anyone in English).
    0_1489418167710_country list.jpg

• MyVR Employee

@Carole Hi Carole - we pull and automatically update that list from an outside source; however, we have the ability to overwrite the entries. Hellenic Republic has been changed to Greece, which means the alphabetized order has been restored as well. Thanks for letting us know!

• Advisor

Thanks @Markus-Nordvik … I see Greece now.
    Just an FYI, if you have the ability to update names or chose a more ISO compliant source for pulling country names - it might make more sense to guests completing the booking forms. The names on this list are not really standardized and I think it makes my booking page look not as outstanding as I’d like it to look (remember I’m marketing to an international audience and I’m also the owner of a language services agency … :-). People would expect we have countries listed by their standard names (no one refers to Albania as the Republic of Albania or the Principality of Andora - although if they do need to include these titles along with the name I would suggest that it be “Albania, the Republic of” … or “Andora, the Principality of” so that the names can be sorted alphabetically.
    An example of an ISO compliant name that is included in the ISO alpha codes would be Moldova, Republic of or Virgin Islands, British or Congo, the Democratic Republic of the…

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Carole - makes sense. I’ll direct message you regarding your suggestion.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.