Directing custom domain names to a MyVR website

• Newcomer

Hello,

I have a GoDaddy domain name that is currently linked to the MyVR website for our properties. My domain name "www.windsockacres.com" is connected, but I noticed today, that the name "windsockacres.com" is not set up. I followed the instructions given by MyVR (Point Your Custom Domain to Your MyVR Website) and made one change, but the domain name will not connect. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and am quite illiterate when it comes to this level of tech stuff. Here are a few screen shots (the last one is the GoDaddy site). Thanks for the help!
    0_1489073644649_Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 8.24.39 AM.png
    1_1489073662148_Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 8.25.43 AM.png 0_1489073662148_Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 8.25.08 AM.png

• MyVR Employee

@Windsock-Acres It can take 24-48 hours for DNS changes to take effect (they need to spread around the globe to DNS servers). I went in and verified just now, and you are all set.

It's also worth noting that you don't need to set up both the www. and the non-www. in your MyVR account. You can just set up which version you prefer and then make that the primary. The DNS settings we instruct you to make with your registrar handle the rest.

0_1489101338940_verify.png

Lastly, I slightly modified your post to help out others to find this information.

• Newcomer

I am having the same issue. I called Go Daddy because even though I changed the A @name per the MyVR instructions, it has changed to Proxy and GoDaddy tells me the IP address (which they can't change) is now 198.71.248.67.

I am confused and not sure how to resolve this. The setup instructions keep taking me back to changing the @ name, which I did, but Proxies is now showing and I have no way to edit.

Please help, thanks!!

• MyVR Employee

Hi @Gary-Gena-Davis,

I see that you were able to set up your domain name. I'm so glad that worked out for you. Would you mind sharing how you got this to work so that other MyVR users can learn from your success?

Thanks,
    Danny

• Newcomer

@Danny-Eiden Hi Danny, I resolved this by calling Go Daddy. I gave them the instructions and they actually walked me through it. Something on their end was preventing the save, but with their help, we got it. So actually they did the magic!

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.