Gmail sent to spam folders . . . guests don't receive them

• Explorer

When I signed up with MVR I used a gmail email address.

I’m finding that, because gmail gets heavily filtered to spam, many of my guests are not receiving the emails.

I tried reading through help articles but the ones I find were written prior to the recent charnges to the messaging system. I tried to re-set my account email a couple of ways (setup/myaccount/user and setup/myaccount/setting/personal profile) but neither of those allow me to change my email address.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what is the solution? I thought this was addressed in community a while ago, but I’m not findign that either.

Would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

• Advisor

I have the same issue. I now send out a second email from my own gmail account to the inquiring party asking if they can confirm receipt of my reply. Several wrote back thanking for the follow-up and saying they did not get my reply but that after receiving the follow-up email they checked and found it had gone to their junk mail folder.

I do not know any actual solution, but this way I at least feel that I’ve got a backup to make sure they get my reply.

• Explorer

@Carole, interesting to know that you are experiencing issues, too. I use a similar workaround, using my marybeth@sonenalp.com address – which I added after I signed with MyVR

For my needs, a major benefit of MYVR is the automation so I’d like to come up with a non-manual solution. Maybe once the staff gets over what must have been a really difficult day, we will get some guidance.

In the meantime, thanks for sharing my pain.

MBE

• MyVR Employee

Hey @Mary-Beth-Ericson - We do our best to ensure proper delivery of messages sent to renters, including following industry best practices. That said, there are still instances beyond our control in which messages get flagged as spam when they shouldn’t. This is rare, but can happen occasionally.

If you have a specific message for which you know this happened, I would encourage you to report the issue to MyVR support and we can investigate further. Use the “Report a Problem” link in our in-app support dropdown.

In addition to the above, we also provide details about delivery status of every message you send from within the application. When you’re viewing an inquiry in your inbox, you can hover over the sent time of any message in the conversion thread to see the delivery status.

0_1488414032886_delivery_status.png

In the delivery status popover, you can see if the message was successfully delivered and at what time. Additionally, you can see if the message was opened and at what time. This gives you a little bit more insight into the status of messages you send and can hopefully help diagnose any issues.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Explorer

I appreciate that, @Mike-Stachowiak . Perhaps I wasn’t as clear in my post as I wanted to be.

I’m aware that this is a known problem with gmail, and is totally out of the control of MYVR. That’s why I want to change my email address on my account (and as a return addy for my scheduled emails) to my website-based address marybeth@sonenalp.com rather than using a gmail extension address. Can you please direct me to a tutorial or video that addresses how to change email? If not, can you address my question here?

Thank you in advance for giving me a second chance to be clear with my question.

Mary Beth

• Advisor

@Mary-Beth-Ericson I’ll wait for someone in the know to answer, but I suspect that we can’t use our own email addresses to send out emails or as reply to addresses. This does sound like it would be a good time to request that feature 🙂 I will submit a request, too.

• @Mary-Beth-Ericson said in Gmail sent to spam folders . . . guests don't receive them:

I want to change my email address on my account (and as a return addy for my scheduled emails) to my website-based address marybeth@sonenalp.com

Hi @Mary-Beth-Ericson. If you would like to change the email address on your account, we can take care of that for you. This, however, will not change the return address on your scheduled emails. MyVR currently does not support changing the address we use to send scheduled emails, partially because we use a custom email address for each inquiry. This helps us match the emails we receive and send to the inquiries in your inbox.

Cheers,
    Danny

• Explorer

Thanks for getting back to me @Danny-Eiden. So the spam folder issue isn’t related to my gmail address?

• @Mary-Beth-Ericson said in Gmail sent to spam folders . . . guests don't receive them:

So the spam folder issue isn’t related to my gmail address?

You are correct. The spam folder issue is not related to your gmail address.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.