How do I add a link to a blog post?

• Explorer

I am trying to link to my newsletter. Can’t figure it out. It says to hover over to make changes, but the only thing I can hover over to change is the title. Have the http to paste, but can not figure out how or where to past it.

• MyVR Employee

@Jill-Evarts Similar to what @Danny-Eiden posted in his hyperlink reply, you will need to add text that you want to appear as the link, and then you add the URL (that link that starts with ‘http’).

Looking at your post, it looks like you pasted the URL into the message, but you didn’t use the tool for linking text. I added some text - Newsletter - to the post. Then I highlighted it:

0_1488230401138_add_text.png

Next, click on the link tool:

0_1488230487184_link_tool.png

In the pop-up, choose “Link To Another Website”, enter the URL, and then click Create Link. You can also set the link to open a new tab/window in order to keep your website open for the reader.

0_1488230604426_create_link.png

Don’t forget to Save Page before leaving.

Lastly, I slightly modified the post title. Thanks!

• Explorer

@Markus-Nordvik
    Thank you. I will have a look.

• Explorer

OK have it posted. How do I change name from “Jill’s custom Page” to Press? Also is there a way to put a tab for press at the top? Also can I put a tab for Blog at the top?

• How do I change name from “Jill’s custom Page” to Press?

To change the name of the page and the URL, click on Actions > SEO & Settings for the page you want to edit. There, you will find the fields to rename the page and change it’s URL.
    0_1488851548122_F95l6t383f.gif

Also is there a way to put a tab for press at the top? Also can I put a tab for Blog at the top?

Yes, this can be done from our design editor. To open the design editor, click Edit Website and select Design Editor.
    0_1488852299879_DaIKrBvY1S.gif
    Then, click the Change Navigation button on the right hand side
    0_1488852336334_Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 5.57.03 PM.png
    Finally, drag and drop the pages you want to add to your navigation bar.
    0_1488852370795_pcfYKClTLb.gif

Best,
    Danny

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.