Owner Stay - How to Suppress Quote/Payment Message

• Newcomer

I’ve looked in the forums and help and don’t see a response to this one. How do you show a zero balance when the owner stays?
    My reservation is showing with an unpaid balance and I want to avoid generating a quote or showing a balance. Any tips on how to do this?

Thank you!

Margaret

• Leader

@Margaret-D’Onofrio - have you tried specifying that it’s an owner and not a guest? I don’t know if that changes anything system-wise other than data records.

Also, I’ve sometimes offered free stays by just clicking the trash can icon to delete all quote items, and entered 0 as the rental amount. Then it shows paid in full. 🙂 I do this with an owner stay as well.

0_1487954279966_Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 11.32.33 AM.png
    But if you do have charges to track, but just want to turn off the automated messages, you can also go to the timeline tab for future automated messages and put any messages that you don’t want to have sent placed on hold by clicking the pause button.

0_1487954248702_Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 11.33.04 AM.png

Does that help?

Jenny

• MyVR Employee

@Margaret-D’Onofrio We leave the automated messages on for owner guests since we don’t know which information might still be relevant (it could be all of it). So long as you don’t set the terms with a price and payment schedule, the automated messaging around payments (e.g. payment overdue) won’t fire.

As @Jenny-Oest mentioned, you can turn off the automated communications for the reservation yourself.

Lastly, setting the guest type as owner is primarily a device for tracking, it doesn’t change any behavior around the reservation otherwise.

0_1487981291534_set_guest.png

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.