How do I add hyperlinks to my website and my emails?

• Explorer

MYVR tutorial is unclear to me on hyperlinks. What I am trying to do is link to an article on my property. I press the hyperlink tab, but it is unclear how it links with that site. If anyone could help please. I would also like to link my constant contact newsletters as a blog post, is the hyperlink the way to do this?
    Thanks,
    Jill Evarts

• Hi Jill,

What I am trying to do is link to an article on my property

Are you trying to link to an article in an email? If so, we currently have a small bug with the add hyperlink button of our text editor. A fix will be out soon. Once this button is fixed, you can add a link to an email like so

0_1487708322434_CLpQOhADXW.gif

If you are trying to link to a different site from your property’s website, you can do this in several ways. One way is to add a button that links to your desired destination.

0_1487709879765_ss00GoXCUA.gif

I would also like to link my constant contact newsletters as a blog post, is the hyperlink the way to do this?

Could you walk me through what you would like to accomplish? Are you trying to link to your blog posts in your constant contact newsletter, or are you trying to add links to your newsletter in your website to use as a blog? If it is the latter, is your newsletter on a webpage someone could visit or does it just exist as emails?

Thanks,
    Danny

• Explorer

I am trying to link article which was emailed me that takes me to the web page, I copied the url. But must be bug as it won’t let me put it in. I would like to link my my constant contact newsletters as as part of my blog can this be done?

• Hi Jill,

Two things:

1. Adding a link using our text editor has been fixed. You should be able to copy what I do in this video clip to create linked text.
      0_1487816520324_d772d5a4-fe34-4c2d-98c4-fa76fb697529.gif

2. If you made your newsletter in ConstantContact and send it out via email, then it is not possible for those emails to automatically become a blog on your MyVR website. You can, however, use the content of those newsletters as blog posts. Here is a a little tutorial on creating blogs in MyVR websites.

Cheers,
    Danny

• MyVR Employee

@Jill-Evarts Wanted to let you know I altered the title of this post a bit to make it easier to find for other folks. Thanks!

• Explorer

can’t I just go to Constant contact where the newsletter is archived and link it to my site?

• MyVR Employee

@Jill-Evarts If Constant Contact makes the newsletter publicly accessible, then yes, you can link to it from your website. You can link to anything that has a publicly accessible link. I can’t confirm if Constant Contact does that for emails you have sent.

• Explorer

Great thanks I’ll check.

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.