How do we track down the booking in MyVR with a Stripes transaction?

• Explorer

We had an interesting situation.
    We had a guest who booked using someone else's card. That "someone" called us and asked why we charged his card. We found his details in stripes with his name and card number. But we could not link it back to the original booking in MyVR (since we were trying to find out who booked it?)

Is there any common factor between MyVR card transaction and Stripes which can be used to link the two (if the name on booking and card is not the same?)

Alternately, Is there a way to search for a booking in MyVR based on last 4 digits of the card?

Thanks,
    Vivin

• MyVR Employee

Hi Vivin,

Is there any common factor between MyVR card transaction and Stripes which can be used to link the two (if the name on booking and card is not the same?)

If you want to find the Stripe transaction for a transaction you see in MyVR, simply click the "View in Merchant Provider" button in the reservation detail view.

0_1486766484104_screenshot.png

There is no way in the MyVR app of finding a transaction in MyVR from a transaction you see in Stripe.

Alternately, Is there a way to search for a booking in MyVR based on last 4 digits of the card?

Unfortunately, there is no way to search for a booking in MyVR based on the last 4 digits of a card used for the booking. However, our support team might be able to help you find the reservation if you contact us privately and provide the last 4 digits of the card.

Best,
    Danny

• Contributor

I feel your pain - I've been where you are now.

I can't help with your tracking issue, but I thought it worth mentioning that with each booking, I check to see if the card name matches the reservation. If it doesn't, I require that the person whose name is on the card sign a "Third Party Authorization" form using HelloSign.

Below is copy of what I have them sign. Hope this is helpful.

Third Party Credit Card Authorization:

I, _________________________________________________, authorize the use of my credit card online for the purchase of vacation rental services with Premium Beach Condos as noted below. I also understand that this card is used for the security deposit on this unit, and will be used to charge any additional damages that may be caused by the parties renting the condo as noted below.

Reservation Number: _________________________

Arrival Date: ________________________

Departure Date: __________________________

Total Charge for Reservation: ___________________

Signature: ___________________________________________________ Date: ______________________

Name: ____________________________________________________

• Explorer

@Danny-Eiden Thanks Danny. I am aware of what you suggested - that is tracking a Stripe transaction from a booking in MyVR.
    However, I was looking for the 'reverse' path - tracking a booking from a Stripe transaction - Which, as you confirmed, is not possible.

I think its a good idea to have a way to have 'search' option to find a booking using last 4 digits of the card.

If you have noticed, when you call some Utility service or any retailer - they are normally able to pull up your records using the last 4 digits of your card.

Thoughts? Good enough for a feature request?

Vivin

• Explorer

@Jenny-Oest Thanks Jenny. Believe me, we have had our share of 'disputes' :-)
    We have the same process what you suggested. The 'not-so-honest' people always find a way to get through - its a constant ongoing battle.

• MyVR Employee

@Vivin-Vaid said in How do we track down the booking in MyVR with a Stripes transaction?:

If you have noticed, when you call some Utility service or any retailer - they are normally able to pull up your records using the last 4 digits of your card.
    Thoughts? Good enough for a feature request?

Definitely good for a feature request!

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.