Issue with "agreeing to terms" terms prior to payment

• Explorer

Just had a guest point out to me that when they were booking and were at the point where they were asked to check the "agree to terms" box, they clicked on my the "rental agreement" link and it gave them a blank page. So they went ahead and "agreed" to a blank page. Not good!

I think I have everything set up properly and believe it has worked properly in the past. Any experience with this or suggestions?

• MyVR Employee

Hi John,

The rental contract you are using in your booking policy was archived. This is why the "rental agreement" link opens a blank page. You can fix this by either unarchiving the rental contract or changing the booking policy such that it uses your active rental contract.

0_1486666740041_Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 10.52.47 AM.png
    0_1486666744377_Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 10.53.21 AM.png

Cheers,
    Danny

• Explorer

"MKC Rental Contract (122316)" is the one I want to appear. So it seems it is set up properly? But still is not working,

• MyVR Employee

Hi John,

I notice that you have set "MKC Rental Contract (122316)" as the rental contract for your booking policy. I tested the "rental contract" link in the booking page, and it worked! If you are still having issues with this on your end, please let us know by reporting an issue. You can do that using the "Support" button in MyVR, using our public contact page at myvr.com/contact, or by using the "Report an Issue" button on the home page of the MyVR Community.

Cheers,
    Danny

• Explorer

Danny, you are saying that when you simulate as though you are going to make a reservation, you are able to see the rental contact when you click on that link (in the page that asks for your credit card info)? It's not working for me. I just want to be sure I understand what you are seeing,

• MyVR Employee

Yes, I am able to see the rental contact when I click on the link in the page that asks for credit card information. Note: I you may have to restart the process of requesting a booking to notice that the issue is resolved. By restart, I mean going all the way back to the property page on your website.

Best,
    Danny

• Explorer

Thanks Danny, it works.

Now that we have that solved, I have another question: I have several people that "agreed" to the blank contract. How can I go back retroactively to have people "agree" to the correct contract online?

• MyVR Employee

@John-Klein said in Issue with "agreeing to terms" terms prior to payment:

Now that we have that solved, I have another question: I have several people that "agreed" to the blank contract. How can I go back retroactively to have people "agree" to the correct contract online?

To get people to approve the rental contract again (this time with the rental contract actually on the page), you should make a new quote for renters who were affected by this. To ensure that the renters will be asked to agree to the terms, you should create a quote with a hold on it to continue blocking the dates but set the reservation to Tentative (as opposed to Reserved). This post that I wrote explains how to send renters a new quote and force agreement to rental terms.

Note that soon you will not have to do the dance where you put a hold on the new quote and set the reservation to Tentative, but for now this is the only way to push renters back through the booking flow which includes the rental terms agreement checkbox.

Cheers,
    Danny