Invoice with Itemized Billing

• Explorer

Hi Team,

Is there a way to create a formal invoice for the guests? Many guest would like to submit the itemized invoice to their company for claiming the amount since they are business travelers.

I know that itemized quote goes to guest before booking. However, some guest would like to see their credit card in the invoice or the receipt with itemized breakdown and some evidence on invoice that their daily rent card was charged for the said amount so that they prove to their company that they paid for this booking.

Thanks,

Vivin

• Leader

Do they need the invoice or a payment receipt (or both). Those are two different things.

For an invoice, why not just attach the terms of the reservation to the message? That shows the complete financial breakdown and the payment schedule. You can note in the body of the message that payment in full has been made, or send a receipt for payment. To send a receipt, it will depend upon their payment method and your merchant provider.

• Explorer

Thanks Jenny,

I would prefer both - on one page. Thats what the guests ask us often.

The itemized breakdown as well the 'paid' notification.

If there is way to do it - please let me know.

Like when you get a restaurant bill - the breakdown of what you ordered - and at the bottom, last 4 digits of your card and the payment confirmation.

Guest also sometimes ask us for a 'signed copy' of invoice+receipt.

Thanks,
    Vivin

• Leader

Well you could use the text of the message to note that the reservation has been paid, but other than that, you'll probably need to submit a feature request which would note on the payment schedule when an item has been paid.

As for the signature part - I don't have them sign for an online payment. Do you?

• Explorer

Of course there are workarounds always.

But I think it would be a good idea for this to be a new feature. Generating an invoice for the guest.

• Leader

@Vivin-Vaid - yes - probably best to submit the feature request - I was just suggesting the workaround until the enhancement comes through.

This might actually be part of a larger scope project to integrate accounting functions with our data. That would be a big elephant to bite off, but a great addition. Another feature request. 🙂 I submit a lot of them!

Jenny

• Explorer

I would like this as a feature, too. I see this thread is a year old, but can someone tell me how to submit a feature request? I can't think adding a button somewhere for us to print a receipt for the guest -- some request them upon checkout -- would be too difficult. We don't need the whole accounting thing -- just a printout of data that is already all there. 🙂

• Explorer

@ann-karako
    When you click on the Support Button from your Dashboard, listed down below is the Suggest Feature link. Be sure to put in your wish list so the developers and people who vote on your feature request will have a good idea of what it is you really want developed and delivered. Using a mock-up will really help your feature request too.

0_1522555270259_Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 8.53.58 PM.png

• Explorer

@mary-freiberg Thanks!!

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.