How do I change my FlipKey location?

• Explorer

Hello,

I am using the Flip Key channel management for two of my properties. The mailing address of our properties is Englewood, FL. However when travelers search for our area the use either “Manasota Key” or “Englewood Beach”.

Because the FlipKey listing is pulling from the address info that I entered in my MyVR listings, it is showing Englewood. When a traveler searches on “Manasota Key”, for example, our listings are buried on the 8th page of results.

Can you confirm that indeed the FlipKey location is pulling from my address field in MyVR? If I simply change my MyVR address to “Manasota Key”, will this do the trick and will there be any other implications as this is not the official address?

Could alternative be to have FlipKey pull from the address that we denote in our MyVR “Local Area Description”, thereby, not disrupting the actual address?

• MyVR Employee

@John-Klein FlipKey staff make a determination on which region best matches a particular listing at the time of listing approval (the very beginning), and they base that decision off of the physical address of the property.

If you believe the region of one of your MyVR-integrated FlipKey listings is incorrect, please do one of the following:

1. Property Managers (folks with their own FK account connected to MyVR): contact your FK account manager to request the change.
    2. Owners (folks without their own account at FK): use the Support button at the top of your account to submit a request to our channel management team - please include:
      a) The FlipKey listing number/link
      b) Current region on FlipKey (preferably link to the region on the FlipKey website)
      c) Desired region on FlipKey (preferably link to the region on the FlipKey website)

• Explorer

Markus, Sorry, I’m not following how to “use the Support button at the top of your account to submit a request to our channel management team”.

When I hit the support button it forces me to type a question so it can lead me to already published articles. But I can’t find anywhere to go to submit a request to a particular team. Sorry - still trying to figure out some of the nuances of the forum. Thanks.

• MyVR Employee

@John-Klein No problem at all. If you click on the Support button, then click Contact Us, then click Submit Channels Request, we’ll get the request to the right people.

• Explorer

got it. thanks!

About the MyVR Community

Looks like your connection to MyVR Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.